• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Height

A70Runner

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
I’ve searched for measurements but can only find left to right ones. Not sure my car has the correct engine mounts.(They are solid and came with the car years ago. Does the gap look correct from the oil pan to kframe? The measurement is center of crank bolt to kframe. 1970 Road Runner with a 440. Thanks!

IMG_7622.jpeg

IMG_7621.jpeg

Yes it does to me. It's really tight. When I changed the oil pan on my charger to a bigger one without pulling the engine I had to dislocate an break a couple bones in my fingers to get all the bolts started.

I kid of course, kinda.

Yes it does to me. It's really tight. When I changed the oil pan on my charger to a bigger one without pulling the engine I had to dislocate an break a couple bones in my fingers to get all the bolts started.

I kid of course, kinda.
I was kinda hopeful it should be lower….

Does anyone have an engine mount bracket dimension chart? Not sure I have the correct brackets…

IMG_7635.jpeg

IMG_7634.jpeg

And yes I know they have solid mounts…

Do you really need solid motor mounts ???
They worked pretty good when I would dump the clutch at 5500 rpm on the starting line with the old setup…new engine has a lot more power but is now an automatic. So who knows. lol.

Problem is engine sits 3/4” to high and air cleaner hits air grabber hood. Hood is new to car.

There are some really good mount available now that are not solid. I bought a set a few years back in Carlisle - polyurethane instear of rubber and locking tabs to limit the movement.

Auto Transport Service
Back