• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory air 67 GTX - access to replace bulkhead and maybe dash harness?

Well my mostly bad luck continues. The reproduction bulkhead connector I received has a bad terminal port in one position - appears to be a bad plastic molding but who knows. Tried to get a terminal to lock into it for 15 minutes and finally got a strong light to inspect it and the grove making the lock stop is missing. Classic is going through their lots and probably contacting the supplier. :cursin:

IMG_2132.jpeg
IMG_1374.jpeg

With all the trouble you have been having with the repopped bulkhead connector, you are better off using one of the old one's you mentioned in post 11.

Those spares are the plugs on the engine side, not the bulkhead block itself. Wish I did have a good, spare bulkhead block. On hold until Classic Industries reports back.

Jeez, gave Classic over a week to see if they had any replacement bulkhead connectors that weren’t defective like the one I received. After 4 or 5 calls and no progress I gave up and sent their garbage one back to them. Ordered one from Kramer who said theirs are made in the US for a nearby harness replica manufacturer (someone different at least).

Avoid these from Classic Industries.

Jeez, gave Classic over a week to see if they had any replacement bulkhead connectors that weren’t defective like the one I received. After 4 or 5 calls and no progress I gave up and sent their garbage one back to them. Ordered one from Kramer who said theirs are made in the US for a nearby harness replica manufacturer (someone different at least).

Avoid these from Classic Industries.
I just avoid Classic entirely...

I just avoid Classic entirely...

I have mostly had pretty good luck with them in the past with one exception. But this PIA issue on top of the repro, plastic hemi fuel filters that split apart and the connecting hoses that delaminated and leaked a couple of years ago, has pretty much convinced me to give up on them too.

I have mostly had pretty good luck with them in the past with one exception. But this PIA issue on top of the repro, plastic hemi fuel filters that split apart and the connecting hoses that delaminated and leaked a couple of years ago, has pretty much convinced me to give up on them too.
Classic is to big to have everyone know the product they sell.. One minute they're selling Chevy parts, then Buick, a couple Ford parts... Now, what would you like for your Mopar? They sell it all... But can't tell you about quality of their parts or if anything really fits... I prefer to deal with they guys who've done the research, maybe restored a few cars & actually been involved in reproducing parts.....

Well, finally success (I believe). The new bulkhead from Kramer looked like a quality piece and that’s where anyone who needs one should go. I decided to replace the female terminal on the big black wire from the alternator as even after cleaning it looked a little worse for wear. All the terminals locked in good and I tested them with a male terminal to make sure. I used copper67’s idea of looping a string through the upper clips to help pull it through the firewall and help snap it back in place after I got it hanging on the lower clips. Good idea.

IMG_2167.jpeg

Probably all for today, try to get the cluster and under dash AC stuff back in tomorrow. At least I’m on familiar ground there.

Auto Transport Service
Back