• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally, 1966 Belvedere Inaugural "Around The Block Drive"

Udderchaos

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right thread.

Yesterday my buddy and I took the Belvedere around the block for a test drive. I laughed like a little school girl. What a blast. We got a "thumbs up" from a feller sitting in his Sebring along side the street(I'm sure he heard us long before he saw us). And a long stare from a couple of teenage girls. Somewhere along the short trip we got this bright-a$$ed idea to see if the Belv would do a rolling burnout. We thought it was the stall speed letting the car rev, and we thought the cloud behind us was just exhaust. We were wrong. We left two 30'-40' strips of rubber in the street(Had to break in the new tires). Not too bad for a 25 mph rolling burnout. Since the engine is still not broken in, we didn't want to get too wild.. It's been a while since I was last in a car that begged to be played with... Now to put it on an alignment rack...

Great, another maniac loose on the street! Just kidding, sounds like you will be ready for some fun this season, post up some pics when you get a chance.

We need Pictures.............................................................thank you

Excellent - post some pics!

I am so 'puter illiterate. (Ctrl Alt Delete fixes all?) What is the best way to put pics on here?

Thanks in advance.

I am so 'puter illiterate. (Ctrl Alt Delete fixes all?) What is the best way to put pics on here?

Thanks in advance.

click the button, find the pic on your computer then select "upload"

how to upload pics.jpg

Nice feeling to have another one "among the living", eh?

I didn't get any pics of us tooling around in the car. I was to busy laughing like a little school girl...

- - - Updated - - -

033.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This pic has the old rear tires on it. 275/60/15's are squeezed in the wheel wells now.

Nice feeling to have another one "among the living", eh?
At this time, it's more of a "Frankenstein" living. Awkward, makes lots of noise, scares women and children, and not the prettiest one around. But, it IS living.

Looks nice... have fun.. sounds like your diggen' your new driver

- - - Updated - - -

not everyone needs or wants or can afford a 1000 pt. 100% OEM restoration...

- - - Updated - - -

There's another way you can load photos go to the Go Advanced tab below the reply box, then go down to Upload Photos tab on the next page that comes up, below the section you post in & you can load photos directly from your computer browser too, with out any photo hosting account...

i still giggle like a school girl on the first ride of a new build and i have built a ton of em!dont ya love that smile you cant seem to get off your face.

i still giggle like a school girl on the first ride of a new build and i have built a ton of em!dont ya love that smile you cant seem to get off your face.

Same here. That first laugh comes as the vehicle leaves it's "nesting" spot it has sat in for umpteen days/months/years. And yes, that smile stays on for a few days after the first run.

Same here. That first laugh comes as the vehicle leaves it's "nesting" spot it has sat in for umpteen days/months/years. And yes, that smile stays on for a few days after the first run.

I agree 100%... until you get the credit-card bill...LOL... it's all worth every penny thou

I agree 100%... until you get the credit-card bill...LOL... it's all worth every penny thou
That's what's taking so long with this thing. I pay for everything it needs with cash. And yes, when the first person we saw gave on the maiden voyage gave us a thumbs up, worth every penny and hour..

thumbs.gif Thats a beautiful car there, that shade of blue fits perfect with the body style! Nothing like that trip that seems to be forever getting there is there! I don't use or even own a credit card myself, sometimes it gets frustrating waiting on things but the best part is, its a done deal, payed in full, MINE when the waiting is over lol, i find myself selling things to keep the ball rolling when i can, If you can please, post some more pictures, great looking ride!

Auto Transport Service
Back