• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fire extinguisher

Last Feb my friend, a professional mechanic for 40+ years, had a gas fire in his outbuilding and he hit it with two 10 lb extinguishers and it did nothing but spread the fire. In 65 seconds the building was engulfed in flames and smoke. He lost everything including two '73 Cuda's, '71 Dodge D100, boat, John Deere Gator, all his Snap-On tools, etc. Fire department said we've all be taught the PASS method (pull, aim, squeeze, sweep) which is wrong for a fuel fire. They said you need to smother the fire from top-down to cut off the oxygen. They also highly recommended a fire blanket as it quickly smothers a fire. Here is video of the fire and you can see how quickly it spreads.

Another suggestion would be to tape a 1/2" wrench to the extinquisher to loosen and remove negative battery cable.
Or this - cheap insurance:
1726151995066.png

I always disconnect all my classic cars batteries cable when I park them for the night. Except my daily drivers out in the driveway.

Auto Transport Service
Back