• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foods that you tried ONCE but never again...

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Maybe you lost a bet. Maybe you were on Fear Factor.....
What food have you tried that you will NEVER try again?

I tried Kimchi....some Korean cabbage in hot sauce. No thanks, man....I'll pass.
Abalone. Maybe if it were cooked better it might have left me with a better impression.
Turkey bacon. The wife had some from a diet she was on. It was like salty fabric.

Forehead Chin Eyebrow Collar Monochrome

I grew up with parents that smoked. Everything had too much salt on it.
Cranberry sauce was the exception. I tried it once. No thanks...
Dad went through a hard time in the early 80s...had trouble finding work. We ate some unusual meals when we were short on cash. "Tuna Helper" ??? AS kids, we didn't know and they weren't about to explain to kids that we were broke.
What about you?

1719469373361.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of stuff.. Bangers and Mash.. Pass... If fact is there anything food wise from the whole of England/Scotland/Ireland that's worth eating? Nothing I can think of.....

Lots of stuff.. Bangers and Mash.. Pass... If fact is there anything food wise from the whole of England/Scotland/Ireland that's worth eating? Nothing I can think of.....
What about Wales?

Cawl​

Dating back to the 14th century, cawl, also known as ‘lobscows’ in areas of North Wales, is a hearty stew of lamb and seasonal vegetables that is considered to be the national dish of Wales. Usually accompanied by slabs of fresh bread, it’s the perfect meal to warm up during a frosty Welsh winter.
cawl_1915-reg-4056750661.jpg

What about Wales?

Cawl​

Dating back to the 14th century, cawl, also known as ‘lobscows’ in areas of North Wales, is a hearty stew of lamb and seasonal vegetables that is considered to be the national dish of Wales. Usually accompanied by slabs of fresh bread, it’s the perfect meal to warm up during a frosty Welsh winter.
View attachment 1685399
Irish stew is another favourite of mine. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with bangers and mash - as long as they are good potatoes and good quality sausages.

I just tried some Hersheys chocolate after not tasting it for some 35 years.....tastes like it was made with cheese. :(

I find kidneys, most offal (except for beef cheeks) liver, heart and all that stuff to be absolutely vile. I was forced to eat liver and onions as a kid, and tripe....no thanks....and I wouldn't dream of trying to get my kids to eat it either.

Irish stew is another favourite of mine. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with bangers and mash - as long as they are good potatoes and good quality sausages.

I just tried some Hersheys chocolate after not tasting it for some 35 years.....tastes like it was made with cheese. :(

I find kidneys, most offal (except for beef cheeks) liver, hear t and all that stuff to be absolutely vile. I was forced to eat liver and onions as a kid, and tripe....no thanks....and I wouldn't dream of trying to get my kids to eat it either.
I don't mind liver and onions.
Most often times it's
over cooked, giving it it's
bad rap.
I think it's psycological.
"Internal organs must be
cooked to the consistancy
of boot leather."
Heart, being one of the
most worked muscles,
tends to be very tough.
Pounding it into
submission works well
when cooked like a chicken
fried steak, same with beef
tounge. I will agree that
each has it's own
specific taste.
Another example would
be water fowl. Cooked
correctly, it ain't too bad.

Last edited:
blood pudding
If you mean 'black pudding' as in the sausage made with basically pigs blood & 'pluck' - heart, lungs, liver and the rest (lips, nips & ********) ....yep....for the most part it is disgusting....although I have had a few full Scottish breakfasts with a slice or two, and to be honest it was delightful.

I'm not much of a picky eater so the only thing that comes to mind for me is liver. I would be more likely to eat it if I didn't smell it cooking. Liver being cooked is one of the worst smells in the entire food industry.

Polish Duck or Goose Blood Soup (Czarnina or Czernina), also..​

Polish pork-and-buckwheat kiszka sauasage, which features typically a blood addition.

Last edited:
I have a pretty wide variety of stuff I'll gladly eat, but there are two things on my "no fly" zone:

1) Raw Oysters. When I tried them, they were slimy and I felt like the first part of the oyster hit my stomach before the last part left my mouth. I had to wash it down with half a beer to keep it down. No thanks.
1719488516250.png

2) I can eat mild, melted cheese on pizza, burgers, etc., but cold cheese and any strong cheese - nope. Blue cheese is an example of one I don't get. If any of my food gets moldy, I throw it out!
1719488778961.png

Last edited:
Blood sausage is the worst. Fresh liver is a lot better than frozen or aged in the store, and the key is to not overcook. We raised our own beef, and liver was very good fresh from the butcher.

I have a pretty wide variety of stuff I'll gladly eat, but there are two things on my "no fly" zone:

1) Raw Oysters. When I tried them, they were slimy and I felt like the first part of the oyster hit my stomach before the last art left my mouth. I had to wash it down with half a beer to keep it down. No thanks.
View attachment 1685444

2) I can eat mild, melted cheese on pizza, burgers, etc., but cold cheese and any strong cheese - nope. Blue cheese is an example of one I don't get. If any of my food gets moldy, I throw it out!
View attachment 1685448
Hawk, interesting how I'm in the same orbit with you on cheese (can do light amount of mild cheese on pizza, but that's my limit,) but raw oysters are my favorite dish, bar none. I once shucked and consumed five dozen during my corporate days. My wife gags at the thought, but my daughter would probably down that many if I'd pay for it.

Coffee. That stuff not be only taste gross, the smell is hideous.
I felt the same way until I started driving a truck. I also hated bacon. I developed a taste for both in large quantities when I was on the road. Like KD, I can't do turkey bacon. My wife has been telling me for decades the real deal would do me in, but I'm still here.

Auto Transport Service
Back