• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be sold when I am dead.....lol.....

The MCACN show is the show where the car is first released to the public to see....

Be glad to see you there....
Justin- When I read roadrunner 69440's comment, I thought exactly what you wrote, but I didn't write it. You've expressed it before. Not sure if you have any kids, but if you do, it won't even be sold then. Kids learn by example. The respect and tribute you have shown your father will surely be shown to you.-Abe

Justin- When I read roadrunner 69440's comment, I thought exactly what you wrote, but I didn't write it. You've expressed it before. Not sure if you have any kids, but if you do, it won't even be sold then. Kids learn by example. The respect and tribute you have shown your father will surely be shown to you.-Abe
Abe

Unfortunately, we were unable to have any children. Many times we have tried and it just wasn't in the cards for us. My pops said in his last few weeks of life he wished we had children......He stated, "that you guys would have given him some wonderful grandkids"......(his other grandkids gave 2 sh### about him).....Pops really loved my wife, he said it was nice to have a daughter......

I really appreciated your insight in that post, thanks...

Justin

Last edited:
Getting things together for the X as the show is looming closer and closer around the corner......

JW and Angela Hames.....Whom I mentioned earlier do true OE Mopar restorations. Called Hames Restorations. While scouring their dart I noticed the "dealer installed" items packaged in the Dart's trunk. I have heard of this but never seen it done correctly till now...So I asked the obvious ? and they were willing to provide me with correct "dealer installed" packaging for a few items of mine. So I sent them my antenna and dog dishes for Angela under JW's supervision to package these and apply the stickers.

They look fantastic and are a great addition to as close as you can get to a day 1 GTX.......These are some of the items that were not installed at the factory and they were placed in trunk for the dealer to install....

IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1973.jpg
IMG_1974.jpg

The last item for the X that was a dealer/customer install item was license plate retainer kit. This was placed in the glovebox. This item came from Richard 69bfan........

A very nice , correct item and thanks to Richard for suppling these....

IMG_1975.JPG

Justin, hope that ‘X’ is high&dry after this soggy last couple days.

Justin, hope that ‘X’ is high&dry after this soggy last couple days.
Jeff

We have had sose serious rain going on.....I am getting tired of dumping the dehumidifiers in the garage.......the garage is Arizona dry....lol.....

Justin

Getting things together for the X as the show is looming closer and closer around the corner......

JW and Angela Hames.....Whom I mentioned earlier do true OE Mopar restorations. Called Hames Restorations. While scouring their dart I noticed the "dealer installed" items packaged in the Dart's trunk. I have heard of this but never seen it done correctly till now...So I asked the obvious ? and they were willing to provide me with correct "dealer installed" packaging for a few items of mine. So I sent them my antenna and dog dishes for Angela under JW's supervision to package these and apply the stickers.

They look fantastic and are a great addition to as close as you can get to a day 1 GTX.......These are some of the items that were not installed at the factory and they were placed in trunk for the dealer to install....

View attachment 651714 View attachment 651716 View attachment 651717 View attachment 651720 View attachment 651721
So glad you like the way they turned out Justin. They should look really good in the trunk of you car at the show. Let us know if we can help with anything else. Good luck at MCACN.

Looks like you have some nervous excitement going on. You really think of everything. Never occurred to me about things in trunk while shipping.
That antenna in trunk may explain why my antenna was on right rear quarter near corner of top. Saw a 66 Satellite Hemi convertible with one on drivers quarter at Kissimmee auction 2/3 years ago. Thanks
Good luck.

Last edited:
Justin , this thread is so awesome ! You went above and beyond with your attention to detail ! For you to document all of it , the pics and the write up is excellent at the very least ! Eveytime I get a notification from this site and I see its to this post I’m like a kid opening a Christmas present, can’t wait to see what’s inside !lol . Hopefully things work out and I’ll be able to see your work of art in Nov. thanks again and keep the post coming !

Boy,the Hames really did you proud. Never even thought about 'dealer install' stuff. Did a lot of that yrs ago at Chebby dealer; but, I'm getting old(my excuse).

Looks like you have some nervous excitement going on. You really think of everything. Never occurred to me about things in trunk while shipping.
That antenna in trunk may explain why my antenna was on right rear quarter near corner of top. Saw a 66 Satellite Hemi convertible with one on drivers quarter at Kissimmee auction 2/3 years ago. Thanks
Good luck.
Fran

Thanks for the post and the compliments!

Over 30 years seeing rare cars, private collections and true survivors. I have never seen an original example........I knew there were dealer installed items but without having a true example made it impossible to make it. People have conjured up some ides and made items for display but that is incorrect. Which shouldn't be passed off as real because the lay public think they are legit.....

JW and Angela made these from original examples......Talk about a unicorn.........

As far as nervous goes........more like anxious......I get the privilege to "unveil" a car in the image of my father......perfection....

Justin

Justin , this thread is so awesome ! You went above and beyond with your attention to detail ! For you to document all of it , the pics and the write up is excellent at the very least ! Eveytime I get a notification from this site and I see its to this post I’m like a kid opening a Christmas present, can’t wait to see what’s inside !lol . Hopefully things work out and I’ll be able to see your work of art in Nov. thanks again and keep the post coming !
RR...post your first name if you don't mind....

Thank you very much for your compliments!

Knowledge not shared is useless.......I did my best to cohesively present a true OE correct build thread......Glad this thread is helping you and many others out......

Cannot say this enough but Anthony @CompSyn was phenomenal at creating the restoration tool!

I do hope your able to make it to the show......Let me know if you do...

Justin

Boy,the Hames really did you proud. Never even thought about 'dealer install' stuff. Did a lot of that yrs ago at Chebby dealer; but, I'm getting old(my excuse).
The Hames are great peeps and a true asset to the hobby......If I didn't restore cars myself, I would have them do it......If you followed this thread than you know how picky I am.....

Jeff...you old, naw.....a few beers in, probably.....but thats my kind of friend:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back