• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front end blackout paint

Eric Pearson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with everyone. I painted the blackout on the roadrunner this weekend. A friend of mine is restoring a challenger and used this paint for his front end blackout. I went to the paint stores and they said that they could only sell me a base coat/clear coat with a flatting agent for $100.00. They also offered the PPG Hot rod black for $ 120. So my friend suggested SEM Trim black. I got it off Amazon for $44. I hope that this helps out anyone that is restoring their car

b23ff9c3-109a-4504-8045-1fbcbb9856e2.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_2959.jpeg

Yep, good stuff. Their aerosols work well too.

Also, John Deere Blitz Black works well too. Fairly inexpensive until you add optional hardener.

I’m a fan of the SEM trim black. Good stuff

Looks like you bought enough for 40 cars. I use less than one rattle can per car. But.....yes SEM black is a great choice.

SEM Trim Black is great stuff. I did my front end blackout last week with DOM16 though, as there was surface rust in some areas and it should give excellent rust protection. It's basically the same thing as POR-15 but a Canadian product and less expensive up north here. It goes on glossy though. I also didn't have my engine pulled so it was able to be brushed on.

Auto Transport Service
Back