• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas can pour spouts?

Some of this crap that's on the market makes me want to hurt some of these morons!!

One good thing, if it has a shut off the puppy pee in the can won't evaporate so quickly.

:rofl: :rofl: Or saving me from myself.
I remember when the company I used to work for made it where we couldn't trade our Thrift Fund account but once a month saying they were doing us a favor. Heck, I doubled my money the very first year I traded it before the change and never saw that kind of a return again. More morons....but there were some out there that didn't know what the hey they were doing and from what I hear, they cried. Just more morons imo.

I have 5 x 22 litre fuel bottles with screw on spouts. The only time they leak is if the rubber o-ring is not seated correctly in the screw cap.

I use four for premium gas, and one for diesel. Saves me a ton of money when I get my van filled up - filling up the bottles for my wife's car also. It's amazing the price variance per litre inside a small distance radius.

Similar style to the bottle pictured here....and I just crack open the vent a bit as I store them in the garage. No problems with it going off as it is used inside the month.
1722879911495.png

Go to a flea market and watch for Chilton Metal Works old school red plastic gas jugs with the yellow plastic spout and a small vent with a cap on the opposite side.
They pour perfect, are ergonomic, and don't have all the stupid EPA bologna on them.
They made them in 1 to 6 gallon sizes. Red(gas) yellow(deisel) blue(kerosene)

Chilton went out of business when the market got flooded with walmart chinese junk. Now people seek them out. I have my stash and my kids gets them when I am gone.

Go to a flea market and watch for Chilton Metal Works old school red plastic gas jugs with the yellow plastic spout and a small vent with a cap on the opposite side.
They pour perfect, are ergonomic, and don't have all the stupid EPA bologna on them.
They made them in 1 to 6 gallon sizes. Red(gas) yellow(deisel) blue(kerosene)

Chilton went out of business when the market got flooded with walmart chinese junk. Now people seek them out. I have my stash and my kids gets them when I am gone.
Chilton made drain pans for us when I sold MAC Tools. Good stuff.

Post #2 for the win. Local hardware, Lowe's, Home Depot, Tsc ect has them.

They want to "Child Proof" something like this and they create a real problem with spilling a flammable liquid all over the place. Idiots designing things for Idiots!

Need something like a 2 gallon can for my girlfriend to use.....I have a few of the jugs left over from my racing days but those are kind bulky for her. Heck, a full 5 gallon jug is getting kinda heavy for me even these days. Anyways, she has a couple of the smaller cans but seems to be someone keeps losing the spouts or either they are taking them.
Wow! Now you’re buying her Jerry cans. Things are getting very serious. lol. Just kidding you. I bought a couple recently that have a vent in the handle. They work good. A couple years ago I bought two with some kind of “safety” spout. Through away and bought another spout. Best can I have I bought in 77.

Anyone have a good remedy for these present pieces of crap?? I found what's called the Garage Boss that advertise a better spout but haven't seen or used one. https://www.tpgplastics.com/products And no, I'm not advertising for them but looking for something that doesn't require 3 arms and a leg to use!
I agree a bad design for sure. What I ended up doing is I bought a replacement nozzle and a vent (drilling and then installing it) but the way the tank itself is made where the nozzle goes in it is thin and even with a O-ring it will leak some fuel when putting fuel in my mowers. What I do now is I purchased a large mouth funnel which I put in my mower tank and then without using the fuel can nozzle I pour the fuel it into the funnel and into the fuel tank.

I bought vents for all my cans... Tired of having 5 gallon cans sucked in to where they only take 3.5 gallons. Moving forward these are the cans/spouts I use. No magic tricks just tilt and push the button in the back. If they fall over they don't leak.
1722999470753.png

stopped at my son's 2 weeks ago cause his mower crapped out...ok, had spark, lets drip some gas in the carb...go to pour some in a cup and his can has one of those wonderful spouts...i'm holding cup and he has the can...pulls back on the spout and it shot gas all over my knee like a blunderbuss cause sitting in the sun built up pressure that couldn't vent
Leave it on the ground and pull the spout to bleed the pressure (air), before tilting it and putting fuel in the spout.

I have 5 x 22 litre fuel bottles with screw on spouts. The only time they leak is if the rubber o-ring is not seated correctly in the screw cap.

I use four for premium gas, and one for diesel. Saves me a ton of money when I get my van filled up - filling up the bottles for my wife's car also. It's amazing the price variance per litre inside a small distance radius.

Similar style to the bottle pictured here....and I just crack open the vent a bit as I store them in the garage. No problems with it going off as it is used inside the month.
View attachment 1706094

I have two jugs shaped like that and the only problem is that they are top heavy when full and can easily tip over if not tied off or having something wedged against them so they won’t tip.

I have two jugs shaped like that and the only problem is that they are top heavy when full and can easily tip over if not tied off or having something wedged against them so they won’t tip.
Agreed - I have two that shape and two that are the same capacity but more square - as in shorter and wider. :thumbsup:

I have only the older cans 2) 2 gal. style like in RCs photo above
& 1) 5 gallon upright style (like an old Gerry can, but plastic)
& several while semi-clear plastic 5 gal. race jugs

I hate the new cans & pour spouts
I won't & refuse to buy any
I used a couple at friends house,
them new versions sucks the TARDS *** that invented them

I try to take as much Arizona fuel with me as I can put in my tank, when I head back to California. (I won't say how much that is.....)

Auto Transport Service
Back