• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gee Why Is My Shipping Taking So Long?

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Hilarious FedEx shipping update. Parts originated in OR and I am in WA. Now in NJ. Another week and on the moon?

I had the same thing with a part that just arrived the other day. Took weeks to arrive. Shipped from CA to FL, it got all the way to a facility within an hour of my house... then got shipped back to a different facility in CA. It then made its way back over the course of the NEXT week and finally got to my door. All I can think of is maybe the original label got damaged or something?

I had the same thing with a part that just arrived the other day. Took weeks to arrive. Shipped from CA to FL, it got all the way to a facility within an hour of my house... then got shipped back to a different facility in CA. It then made its way back over the course of the NEXT week and finally got to my door. All I can think of is maybe the original label got damaged or something?
No. Probably not. Typical routing. I used to buy and sell on Ebay. Watching the tracking; I've seen stuff go past my location and then return. Here where I live there are hubs for FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
One package went from Southport, NC, 'past my house' so to speak, onto New Jersey and then back to Raleigh, NC.
Had another package sit at the terminal in Charlotte, NC for 3 days before it started moving my way. I can drive to Charlotte in about 2 1/2 hours.
Apparently, efficiency and common sense are not part of anyone's job description these days.

I had an issue with them too. Some stuff I ordered from Amzn came from NJ. Came to ATL and to my house where the driver wouldn't leave it at my gate. My gate is 1000' from the road. 3 attempts he wouldn't leave it. Because I have had issues before I had signed up with their delivery manager that sends me an email whenever something happens. I immediately called after the third email and set it up to be dropped at a local drop point close to my house. The package sat at the Fdx facility in ATL for 3 weeks with no movement. I called again and by pushing 0 during the call I was transferred to a real person. She immediately apologized and opened a ticket to get it moving again. After another week I get an email saying they had agreed to leaving it at the drop point. Couple of days later I pick it up, after 5 weeks. The person I talked to said it was the drivers discretion if they wanted to leave a package at your gate.

Don’t worry it’s coming.

IMG_9632.gif

Hilarious FedEx shipping update. Parts originated in OR and I am in WA. Now in NJ. Another week and on the moon?
Yep!

You want to try living out here .... 2 weeks to get a parcel is like getting it instantly by comparison. :rolleyes:

I had an urgent overnight request for a part for an Industrial Gate from Melbourne, Australia a few years ago - on the day before Christmas Eve. The guys said it was packaged and dispatched by 3pm that same day ....and should arrive by end of the next day.
Well, it was about the 25th of January the following year that it arrived.

Some doofus sent it around the globe - the wrong way. It went everywhere from Singapore, India, Africa, Saudi Arabia, European tour.....eventually back through Japan, and through Autsralia again, and then on to New Zealand.

It would have been quick for me to row across and collect it myself. :rolleyes:

Lucky our company had a complete spare motor in Wellington - down country, that a guy was able to disassemble and send the part I needed just in time for Christmas closing. The client was happy in the end - security during the holiday period was important.

FEDEX is not the only shipper with fumbleitis. Last month I ordered an item that originated in Waterloo Iowa. The USPS tracking showed that it arrived in St. Paul MN the following day. Normally when it gets to St. Paul, it is out for delivery in my city of Eau Claire, WI the next day. However, when I didn't receive it, I started checking the tracking status. It sat in ST Paul for a week, then went to Des Moines IA. Two days later it was back in Waterloo IA. A day later, it was back in St. Paul. I got it the following day. 13 days total for an item that should take 3 days. The label was clear and undisturbed. No wonder they had to raise their rates this month. I blame a lot of it on the employees who are not capable of holding a job. They keep saying the unemployment rate is around 4% when the unemployable rate is probably closer to 8%. That puts a bunch of people in a position they should not be in.

Recently the same thing with me.
I'm around the Sacramento, CA. area, and found what i was after from a vendor in Utah.
Figured three days at most, to get the small package to me.
Nope, went to New Jersey, then to Maine, then down to a USPS processing center in North Carolina.
From North Carolina, then back to a center in Utah, then San Francisco, then Sacramento, then over to me in my city.
All in all a two week journey, all the way across the country, and back.
And i really was needing to use what i purchased.

Same in Australia we normally had to wait 3 weeks, 1 week from the US to Australia then another 2 weeks for delivery now it is 2 weeks in the US to get shipped & another 3 weeks to get delivered & tracking is now non existent in here this is example of tracking on nearly every shipment .
Looks like they are to lazy to enter the location.
  1. Mon, Aug 12
    6:46pm
    In transit
    UNKNOWN
  2. Mon, Aug 12
    3:02am
    Received at carrier facility
    UNKNOWN
  3. Sun, Aug 11
    10:01pm
    Received at carrier facility
    UNKNOWN