• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the 572 back, Now lets find some power

You didn't include that the engine mentioned was on E85. 12-1 on E 85 is about 15-1 on gas. That's super lean. A gas engine will be pig rich at 10-1
Doug
and thats what i thought also....

You didn't include that the engine mentioned was on E85. 12-1 on E 85 is about 15-1 on gas. That's super lean. A gas engine will be pig rich at 10-1
Doug

Yeah if the wideband was on an E85 scale even 10-1 is super lean as 9.68 is stoich. I would start targeting wot a/f around 8.5-1

Update, The cars is running great, Zero vibration even on a solid motor plate. Don't even realize its solid mounted. The Holley 4500 TBI is fantastic and very tunable. I have a beautiful Fuel Map that I have been working on and only see about 1-2% correction at any point. I can reach my hand in the window and it fires up without touching the pedal at any temperature. Makes great power. Working on keeping the car in the lane when I stand on it. Seems to want to drift left and cross centerline if not counter steering. Not an immediately goes left type thing, more of a slow drift over. Think I need to preload left CalTrac bar. Car is point and shoot type deal. Straight road and wheels straight. Sometimes scarry....I do have a pretty aggressive Pop/Back fire in the header during 1-2 shift if getting on the limiter @ 7400. Can't seem to tune that out. The 1-2 shift happens extremely fast almost no time to go from trans bake to shifter in time. It does have a low gear kit in the trans, I'm not sure I really like. A shift solenoid whether Air/Electric or CO2 would be best but its a reverse pattern so that's a problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back