• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graffiti in the lifter Valley ?

Tony Tee

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Finally got to disassemble my bargain 440 motorhome engine. And found that it had a mopar double roller timing chain set. Without a oil slinger. All the rod ends look normal except for one. And the graffiti. Anybody seen this before? Oh, and it had a windage tray. My other 413 motorhome didn't have any of this. ?
20240720_162213.jpg
20240720_162626.jpg
20240720_163951.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I’ve seen it on blocks inside and outside, the paint is some extremely tough paint!

Nice score! All Heavy Duty (H.D.) 440 engines had the double roller timing chain, flash chromed valves, moly compression rings, amongst a number of other upgrades. The rod looks to be copper, which was a standard LY rod that was a bit out of spec after factory machining so they were copper coated to bring them into spec for installation. Just as good as standard ones. What are your plans for the engine?

Nice score! All Heavy Duty (H.D.) 440 engines had the double roller timing chain, flash chromed valves, moly compression rings, amongst a number of other upgrades. The rod looks to be copper, which was a standard LY rod that was a bit out of spec after factory machining so they were copper coated to bring them into spec for installation. Just as good as standard ones. What are your plans for the engine?
It's getting slowly rebuilt stock and put in my 69 charger. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back