• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GIVE ME A BREAK

I like to fill the chamber with 1/4" rope then compress it a little. No air required to change valve seals.
A good spring compressor really helps.
Jack the front end up so you don't kill your back .
Just a couple easy tips

I know some of you already know this but GM used plastic single row timing gears in the 60s. I had one break in my first car which was a high mileage 68 Camaro RS with a 327 V8.

I know some of you already know this but GM used plastic single row timing gears in the 60s. I had one break in my first car which was a high mileage 68 Camaro RS with a 327 V8.
That's why I was asking if MOPAR did the same thing.

Got the sump off. HOLLYS**T! I'm surprised I had any oil pressure. There were some big chunks in there and a lesson on RTV.

20240810_192730.jpg

Spent some time at the parts washer and compressed air. Using the tiny camera on the scope, she looks pretty good now. Need to get 5 more gallons of cleaning solvent and flush (ugh, don't use that word) out the motor. Need to go ahead and pull the rocker shafts and rockers.

Are there motor mount replacements to fit an early 70"s model forged crank 340 into a 74 RR? When I pulled the motor Bubba had what closely resembles a lug nut taking up the gap on drivers side motor mount. There is a half inch difference from pass side to drivers, with the drivers being the smaller of the two.

Only thing with the pics it is showing a 318 mount. 360 is narrower. Kim
So the offset on the right mount doesn't account for the 0.5". They don't give any dimensions so it's a crap shoot anyway. The 360 block has different mount spacing? I gotta ask cuz I ain't real versed on MOPAR small blocks. This is the absolute most I have ever worked on one, save the HEMI in my 1500. That's an 07 so not even the same ballpark. I think?

Yes the 340/360 mount is approximately 1/2 inch narrower. That is the drivers side mount. Known as the left side as if u were sitting in your car. Kim

Yes the 340/360 mount is approximately 1/2 inch narrower. That is the drivers side mount. Known as the left side as if u were sitting in your car. Kim
So then the FVP or Westar mounts for a 74 RR w/360 shown on RockAuto will work? Same product and both made in India. SMH I hate buying things twice.

Last edited:
It might be right but it looks like a 318 mount which is wider as in the same width as the passenger mount. Try phoning them and ask. Kim

If you look at the listings there is 318 & 360 mounts listed separately...

Auto Transport Service
Back