• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haydon clutch fan

Do you have the FSM (Factory Service Manual) and the MOPAR parts manual for your vehicle? If not obtain a copy of each. Have you been to Chryslers at Carlysle or MOPAR Nationals or the WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE or any local car cruises to shop for parts or use the for sale section of the FBBO forum. These are EXCELLENT venues for OEM MOPAR parts. YES... early Mopar parts can be difficult to find but you must put forth the effort to.do your research.....by part number...and yes parts can be expensive but they are available The Dodge Street Wedge is not that rare and parts can be interchangeable between models....drive train, interrior etc. Join the local Mopar car club snd ask questions.......or plant a MOPAR parts tree and wait until it bears fruit.......remember: patients is a virtue..
BOB RENTON
It's a plymouth and it's rare to me it's the only classic car I own.I do research for parts and info just thought someone would have an idea of a clutch fan that would fit my rare to me plymouth 426 s/w sportfury.

Thanks for reminding me my name.I just wanted a simple answer on a general question.My car may not be special to some of you mental giants but it's all i have and special to me.Yes my name is Nick YOURS MUST BE D
KD was just joking. Some people around here like to point out missing commas or grammar typos. We know what you meant. Carry on.

I didn't aim to anger you, I was messing around. The GIF of Kramer laughing should have been an indication that I was joking.
I tried to help and posted twice with information to get you sorted out. Nobody insulted you or your car. In fact, several people stepped up and gave you the help that you asked for. I hope that you get it working the way you want.
Cheers

KD was just joking. Some people around here like to point out missing commas or grammar typos. We know what you meant. Carry on.
How would I know he was joking I don't know him my freinds joke with me and I joke back.Someone on bbodies told me I should address my questions in a kinder manner well I did. No problem no harm no foul.

Didn't Tony retire and move to California?

It's a plymouth and it's rare to me it's the only classic car I own.I do research for parts and info just thought someone would have an idea of a clutch fan that would fit my rare to me plymouth 426 s/w sportfury.
First of all, did the car come with a clutch fan origionally ? Did it have the max cooling package or A/C. Do you have the origional "broadcast sheet"? Sometimes found under the rear sear springs or rolled up above the glove box.....it describes ALL major components of the car. Fo you have a copy of the fender tag? BTW....if you're looking for a HAYDON clutch assembly, it's a HAYDEN brand.....
Perhaps you should invest in the GALEN GOVIER's white books applicable to your vehicle to help with your quest or do you have an "clone" or a real street wedge? The white books will help you determine the authenticity. WHY would you consider a Hayden clutch vs a real Mopar clutch and fan assembly (with the correct shroud and radiator)?......If you have a "real" street wedge car, why cheapen it with the incorrect fan and clutch assembly?.......Just my opinion of course.....
BOB RENTON

Tony D?
He moved TO California???

CE442A0F-9CFB-4013-88CC-8AF951BEDD9B.jpeg

To those that have seen the thousands of memes with that picture, it means many things.
One of them is that the smirk, the smart aleck expression comes from knowing that a bad decision was made and unfortunate consequences will follow.

To those that have seen the thousands of memes with that picture, it means many things.
One of them is that the smirk, the smart aleck expression comes from knowing that a bad decision was made and unfortunate consequences will follow.
Still means nothing.....have zero clue who he is or what he is or suppose to represent.....just don't give a ****.....
BOB RENTON

Still means nothing.....have zero clue who he is or what he is or suppose to represent.....just don't give a ****.....
BOB RENTON
...yet you still bothered responding...
Most people under the age of 70 probably got the reference...and I would love to see you spell the word ORIGINAL correctly, just once (it only has one 'o' btw)....that would warm my heart:)

Nick-
The drawback of that shorty clutch is, it makes installation a little more of a hassle but they do work well.
The important thing is exactly how much room do you have between the pulley and the radiator?
Radiator thickness and where in the mounts the engine actually got bolted down all come into play.
My advice would be to buy one from somewhere like the Summit that has an excellent return policy. Buy it; try it...if it doesn't work out, you can just send it back and try a different one.

...yet you still bothered responding...
Most people under the age of 70 probably got the reference...and I would love to see you spell the word ORIGINAL correctly, just once (it only has one 'o' btw)....that would warm my heart:)
F 9.jpg

F 9.jpg

That is where I’m heading if I don’t exercise some self control.
Retirement and tasty food have had an effect.

Nick-
The drawback of that shorty clutch is, it makes installation a little more of a hassle but they do work well.
The important thing is exactly how much room do you have between the pulley and the radiator?
Radiator thickness and where in the mounts the engine actually got bolted down all come into play.
My advice would be to buy one from somewhere like the Summit that has an excellent return policy. Buy it; try it...if it doesn't work out, you can just send it back and try a different one.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back