• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner insulation?

If I went for the headliner that Legendary Auto sells, what kind of glue is used so it won't come down in the heat?
The headliner itself doesn’t get glued up, only around the edges to aid in holding the headliner taut. It has welting sleeves on the back side that your rods slide through and they clip to the outer roof substructure. A small wire holds it in place at the back and it is stretched taut from back to front, with adhesive along the front edge. Then it is pulled right along the side rails and glued there to hold it, and around the perimeter it has toothed trim to help keep it in place. The whole shebang is then covered with trim to keep it that way.

Used filter material from work for my insulation, glued it with spray adhesive. Worked great and price was right!

20201025_120259.jpg

20201101_201217.jpg

I haven't taken out or installed headliner. Watching some videos doesn't seem too hard.

But, if I take my header liner down will it be destroyed in the process? I see glue is added, I'm wondering if I should plan on installing a new one if I take the old one out.

Ideally I'd like to reuse what I have, it's very nice.

I haven't taken out or installed headliner. Watching some videos doesn't seem too hard.

But, if I take my header liner down will it be destroyed in the process? I see glue is added, I'm wondering if I should plan on installing a new one if I take the old one out.

Ideally I'd like to reuse what I have, it's very nice.
Chances are it will be very dry and prone to tearing, thats how mine was. I'd say plan on new one or leave old one as is.

He used filter material from air handlers from my experience.
Mike
That's correct, I used air handler filter material, we bought it by the large rolls thru McMaster Carr. You can purchase small rolls as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back