• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Me Pick My Oklahoma License Plate

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Well, we have a state bird in Oklahoma and it's the scissor-tail flycatcher. It's a unique bird and I like birds. Especially, the flycatcher. However, I don't like what they've gone and done placing a white silhouette of the bird against a pale blue background on the new license plate and inscribing TRAVELOK.COM along the bottom.

okla.jpg

There are many plates to choose from. I have narrowed my choices down to the following. Your feedback is appreciated. In the past I have just bought the tag and paid extra to display a Year of Make (YOM) tag plus a windshield sticker. So, that is one of the options again this year, too.

View attachment 536503
Tread 6-14-11.jpg
GodTrust.jpg
rt66.jpg
46_plate.jpg

My YOM Tag
1969 plate.jpg

I deleted the motorcycle Classic tag. It had red letters on white background. The classic car tag has the stupid native guy shooting a bow picture on the left.

antclassic.jpg

Last edited:
And now that I see that you did, I changed my response. :D
The last one is the original state flag, which I had not known of until looking at the specialty plates.

About the Oklahoma State Motto. Oklahoma's motto, the Latin phrase Labor Omnia Vincit, dates back over 2,000 years to the writing of a Roman poet named Virgil. Virgil's phrase, Labor omnis vicit, is found in the first of a series of four Latin Poems, Georgics . That explains why a lot of Okies are named Virgil.

White one. Stark/simple, and longer line of letters/numbers.

Would it be too corny to personalize further with a mnemonic plate? For instance, ITS QIK, OLD FRT, etc.

Can you do a personalize plate? STIKIT comes to mind :D Actually, I saw a Texas plate that had that on it in the mid 70's....

Some of these you can personalize and some are just in sequence tags. I'll have to look into it.

Granny Warren says that she is an "Okie down to her toes". Can you PLEASE take her back!!!

6a00d8341ccad453ef016766896d8b970b-600wi.gif

I like the route 66 plate.

What color is your car?

I like the YOM and the DTOM plates.

I absolutely despise the new "Twitter Tag", or at least that is what I call that hideous display of useless crap! And REALLY hate the ad at the bottom we all in OK got to pay $5.00 extra for!

On ALL of my vehicles, I have either a YOM plate, a specialty plate, or a personalized plate, all in order to NOT have to display that ridiculous "twitter bird".

Auto Transport Service
Back