• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Oil Restrictors

Bob maio

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
First, I need to mention that I am posting this question for a friend that is computer illiterate. And I am hemi illiterate so its not a good combination. Rich has an aluminum 426 hemi block (part #426-B4-MWB) with Indy cylinder heads. The heads were built back in 2012 and he is just now getting things together. The engine is partially assembled. Between the two heads is a braided oil feed line. When he purchased the heads, he also purchased head oil restrictors (part # 426-R4-27R). He is not sure where these restrictors are installed, if they should be installed, and which of the assortment that he received are to be used. I know this is vague, but I am trying to help him out as best I can. Any help from you guys would be gratefully appreciated.

Bob

I'd call the place he bought the stuff from.
Indy Cylinder head first call.

Maybe they have a better or different system for this 12 years later.

Take a look on the head for the oil feed hole. Might not be there, hence the lines that go to the back of the block

Auto Transport Service
Back