• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a pic of the inside of a 1969 B Body tank

rowdy700

Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Took a pic of my fuel tank to figure out where all the vents go. Figured I would paste it here for those that are interested.
Note, the two vents on the left in the pic, One stops at the back of the tank and the other goes all the way to the front near the filler tube,
The second, (Fuel return i think) is attached to the pickup tube and sending unit, it ends up getting covered when the tank is 1/2 full.

SuperBee Inside Fuel Tank.jpg

Took a pic of my fuel tank to figure out where all the vents go. Figured I would paste it here for those that are interested.
Note, the two vents on the left in the pic, One stops at the back of the tank and the other goes all the way to the front near the filler tube,
The second, (Fuel return i think) is attached to the pickup tube and sending unit, it ends up getting covered when the tank is 1/2 full.

View attachment 1686394
For Context, my '69 Bee has been sitting for 30 years I was worried my tank would be a mess of rust. Everything looks great. You can see the fuel level line, I pumped out about 5 gallons.

That’s helpful to have posted.

Shouldnt the pickup be very close or touching the bottom?

View attachment 1686394
Thanks for this picture!

Auto Transport Service
Back