• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Fred, I think it's time for the wife to try her hand at driving you...

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I know she's never expressed interest in wrestlin' with driving you, but I think it may be time...

fred googly.jpg

Fred? Are you okay, man?
FRED! SPEAK TO ME!!
Oh dear....

It's just like rowing a boat!! LOL.......... Not really!!

Good luck, bring a rosary.

I have called my wife's bluff several times about driving my GTX. I think she is afraid of it. No power steering, no power breaks, spins the rubber easily. I'd let her drive it, too. I'll get her behind the wheel one day.

Good luck, bring a rosary.

I have called my wife's bluff several times about driving my GTX. I think she is afraid of it. No power steering, no power breaks, spins the rubber easily. I'd let her drive it, too. I'll get her behind the wheel one day.
Honestly, she's not afraid of Fred (she should be though - he's a handful).
That said, every time I mention her giving it a go, she always says "not until you're gone".
That statement has several levels to it, of course.

My wife drove my first three GTXs, all automatics, when there was no other choice. She does not have fond memories. Her last adventure was in 1997 when her car was in the shop, and she had to drive #3 to a marketing event at a local high school. That car had been previously owned by an older couple, and was equipped with factory A/C and power steering, but she still was happy to get her Toyota Tercel back the next day. Our automotive tastes have always been far apart.

Last edited:
My wife drove my first three GTXs, all automatics, when there was no other choice. She does not have fond memories. Her last adventure was in 1997 when her car was in the shop, and she had to drive #3 to a marketing event at a local high school. That car had been previously owned by an older couple, and was equipped with factory A/C and power steering, but she still was happy to get her Toyota Tercel back the next day. Our automotive tastes have always been far apart.
Yeah, same here. My wife could certainly operate Fred (she learned how to drive on a Maverick with 3 on the tree and
power nothing), but it isn't a fond memory sort of time for her. :lol:
She loves Bert the Ram and of course the '12 Charger R/T too - but she's witnessed some years of me driving Fred and
has decided that it doesn't look like fun to her. :)

Fred looks like he crapped himself, You feeling ok Ed?

Auto Transport Service
Back