• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley 4175 Throttle and Kickdown Linkage

JedIEG

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I am tryin to install a Holley 4175 I rebuilt in place of the leakey, jerryriged 4160 on my 318. Does anyone have a picture of how the throttle and kickdown linkage should be set up for a 4175? I think mine has neen modified for use on a Ford and I need to know if there are brackets missing. Here is what I have.

20181012_101011.jpg
20181012_100938.jpg

Good luck, any change in carb from pure stock I did results in struggles with the kick down.

I did Lokar cables. Easier to deal with.

However, looking at your carb, I can’t see where the throttle cable hooks up to. It looks like your missing something.

Yeah it has a different primary bracket than the 4160 which is like what 72RoadrunnerGTX is showing.

There is a bracket brazed to the primary bracket of my 4175 that is covering a hole that I think is in the right place for the throttle/kickdown stud. From what information I have found, this carb is listed as a factory replacement for a TQ so I was hoping it would line up easy.
20181013_185838.jpg

The carb pictured above is a list number 80555, 4175 universal spread bore replacement. With a Mopar throttle lever adapter, the Chrysler throttle lever stud should be in about the correct location. Picture was meant to reference the correct alignment of the kick-down linkage only. The TQ linkage is pictured below.

20181013_171639.jpg

Hey 72RoadrunnerGTX thanks for the pictures. They have been very helpful for getting my carb set up. The carb I have is a 7855, which does not have a universal primary throttle bracket like most Holleys I see, and like yours does. My theory is this bracket designed to work with a big block and eliminate the need for the extension bracket needed with the universal set up. Regardless, I made my own stud to get the throttle cable in the right place and fliped the kickdown to the otherside of the link. It seems to work. Here is what it looks like for future reference.
20181027_190511.jpg
20181027_190542.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back