• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock AVS2 Linkage Question

Throttle return spring bracket for non-a/c.
1714103262815.png

Last edited:
Can you take some better photos. Maybe in better light? Or a flash.
What are the return springs connected to?
Do you have a/c?
I can tomorrow, I have an AC car originally, but none of the components are left, were removed before we ever bought it.

With a/c
1714098593375.png

Look how the throttle cable fits in the blue bracket. I believe that was the 2bbl unit I bent up trying to make it work.

Last edited:
Thanks a million! I'll get better pictures when I get home from work this evening, and I'll check on that bracket, as you're correct, no tension on the spring so that's why I had to use the old spring! I'll try to fix the linkage per your comments above. I can't thank you enough for your comments, you've been a HUGE help!

Now, there is too much tension.
I think the return spring bracket is supposed to be in the end intake bolt.

I think you're over thinking this. If it works and it's safe, you're good to go.
I haven't bought anything specific ever to make a linkage work, other than generic nuts or bolts from the hardware store. I usually just go to my stash.
Once you're into aftermarket carbs and intakes you need to do little hot-rodding to make it work.
20240428_070337.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back