• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Carb 2300 2BBL Fuel Bowl slowly draining internally!?

I read through this rather quickly, so, sorry if this has been discussed, but maybe you should put some fuel in a cup and set it on the workbench to see if it is evaporating? Our old cars fuel systems are vented to the atmosphere. I'm pretty sure the added heat from a recently shut off engine would expedite this. Just food for thought.

PS: a question for katmachine62, where did you get the bowl fuel fitting the fuel line connects to? jess in ky

I read through this rather quickly, so, sorry if this has been discussed, but maybe you should put some fuel in a cup and set it on the workbench to see if it is evaporating? Our old cars fuel systems are vented to the atmosphere. I'm pretty sure the added heat from a recently shut off engine would expedite this. Just food for thought.

PS: a question for katmachine62, where did you get the bowl fuel fitting the fuel line connects to? jess in ky
In my case i would assume some of the fuel is evaporating, but it feels like i am losing fuel fast and when i pull the carb, my intake is wet and stinks of gas.

It would be interesting to have the carb on bench with gas for a week, that would give an idea of how much is evaporating.

Thanks for the input!

Auto Transport Service
Back