• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many of you spoke a 2nd language.

coronet68mx

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
We're all here because we like mopar b bodies, but unless you are a native American you or your fathers must come from another country, and besides England, and therefore English there are lots and lots of languages around the world, and EU have a deep immigration roots, most of you know that Mario @MarPar and I quite often speak each other in Spanish, ( we like it too) he being a proud Cuban American and me being Mexican have deep Hispanic roots, I know many of you have Mexican wives also, if you speak another language please post something nice to all of us here and let us know what other tonge you speak.

I speak English and Japanese. My wife speaks English, Japanese, Tibetan, Nepali and Hindi. We do not watch much English TV around my house.

I speak 4 languages.

1. English
2. Spanish(ish)
3. Marriage
4. Military

I speak Klingon. ( Does that qualify ? ) Seriously, I learned French and Spanish in prep school. However, I knew a little Spanish beforehand. I used to say to the pretty Puerto Rican girls in my neighborhood "Da me un beso. "

My pops insisted I take French when a freshman in high school. I did - Grade F. After freshman year I went to the public school. I took Spanish - Grade N/A. Why - My Spanish teacher was sooo hot I/we all could not get enough of her - to a point I was relieved of my class duties. I can speak a very few isolated Spanish terms. My wife is Vietnamese - I know how to say - I love you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in VN - That’s about it…..

I took Latin and French in high school, but took Spanish in college. Fast forward from those days I use a lot of Spanish since I have friends that own Mexican restaurants and I use a lot of spanish speaking contractors.

Tom

My wife is American so I can't get any language from her except blue language lol. Seriously, I am a Kiwi and am currently living if Germany. I speak a little German, but nothing too much. ein bissen ( a bit) as they say around here.

German was our second language, mostly used when I was growing up and screwed up. No one knew I was being reprimanded while in a crowd. With my parents gone now, it left with them. I now only speak Missourian............. My mother always said, as a joke, my father and I spoke Chrysler, F this and F that................. She was f**king right....... "Ich werde dich für immer lieben. Bis wir uns wieder treffen".

Yes, I'm proudly bilingual as well...
I speak Yankee as well as Redneck, both fluently. :thumbsup:
(I am of typical for this part of the country Scotch-Irish descent, proud of it).

My grandfather was from Friesland (The Netherlands).
He could speak Friesian, Dutch and he could understand German, although he pretended to not understand the soldiers during WWII.
They moved to the United States after the war in 1954 and he learned English.
He could play the piano mainly on the black keys and it sounded pretty cool.

Last edited:
English,
I also speak fluid drunk.
Last but not least ,echo mic truck driver.

English is my 1st and 2nd language. 64 years and I'm getting it figured out.

This reminds me of a conversation with a young concierge in the hotel lobby in Cancun in 1987 on my honeymoon. He said his English wasn't great and asked me, 'What do you call a person who speaks two languages?' I said, 'bilingual'. He says, 'Oh yeah, yeah, what do you call a person who speaks three languages?' I said, 'trilingual.' He says, Oh, yeah ,yeah, but what do you call a person who speaks only one language?' I got a blank look on my face and was searching for the answer when he smiled and said, 'American!'

I speak English and Cursive ( @%*#&#). I took Latin in High School, but gave it up, because I never met any ancient Romans to converse with.

Auto Transport Service
Back