• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Human remains found today in car at pipeline blowout about 2 miles miles from me with flame at least 300 feet high.

Looking at the steal shot on the news, the valve he hit does not appear to be near a main road.
It's not right at the side of the road but iirc, it's within 100 feet of a 6 lane road but witnesses are saying he came from the WalMart parking lot which is even further away from the valve.

If you can see it, it's close enough!! That's pretty freaky.
It could be seen from over 20 miles away. I can still hear the hissing sound of gas escaping from the valve when the helicopters ain't too close by. The sound of the escaping gas isn't all that loud for me but I'm getting tired of hearing the constant sound of news choppers being in the air so much.

It could be seen from over 20 miles away. I can still hear the hissing sound of gas escaping from the valve when the helicopters ain't too close by. The sound of the escaping gas isn't all that loud for me but I'm getting tired of hearing the constant sound of news choppers being in the air so much.
Just stay away, you got a wife to think about! LOL

Just stay away, you got a wife to think about! LOL
Couldn't get near it even if I wanted to because they had all the roads blocked off within the first 10 minutes! I went out to the main drag that the road I live on crosses and turned towards that 6 lane road that crosses the pipeline at the fire and the traffic was already stopped. I'm going to set my odometer to 0 when things settle down and see exactly just how far away it is but according to Groogle....as the crow flies, it's right at 7000 feet away from ground 0.

And the dang thing is still burning although it's much lower. I'm kinda wondering if the shutoff valves that are supposed to be placed every so often as a safety are leaking....

And the dang thing is still burning although it's much lower. I'm kinda wondering if the shutoff valves that are supposed to be placed every so often as a safety are leaking....

back when I was 8-9 ys old , we were out doing something on the farm one evening and heard a boom , an oil drilling rig had struck gas and exploded in flame , we were about 40 miles from it and could see it so well that dad and uncle wanted to go see it , it was east of Morris ,Okla . , couldn't get closer than about 1/4/3/8 mile or more , hot and loud !!

Right after returning from Iraq we had a transformer explode right across the street one summer evening. It was LOUD. I had a duck and cover moment. lol.

back when I was 8-9 ys old , we were out doing something on the farm one evening and heard a boom , an oil drilling rig had struck gas and exploded in flame , we were about 40 miles from it and could see it so well that dad and uncle wanted to go see it , it was east of Morris ,Okla . , couldn't get closer than about 1/4/3/8 mile or more , hot and loud !!
Right after returning from Iraq we had a transformer explode right across the street one summer evening. It was LOUD. I had a duck and cover moment. lol.
Some years back, a large steam line blew out at the refinery. It too was a 20" or larger line. Thing is, it wasn't even supposed to be in service!! You could hear the burst all over the plant and the noise the steam made was even louder! Man, I'm so glad to be out of that place but do miss some of the people I worked with but miss the access to all the machines we had even more lol

If the person in the car wasn't already deceased when that person hit the valve....well, that person didn't stand a chance to run away from the nearly instant intense flame that took place. Condolences and prayer to out to the person's family and friends.

If the person in the car wasn't already deceased when that person hit the valve....well, that person didn't stand a chance to run away from the nearly instant intense flame that took place. Condolences and prayer to out to the person's family and friends.

Somehow the vehicle was caught in a reflection in a store window. Some reports said an elderly woman.

Two different accounts where witnesses saw an elderly person in the car.

2 witnesses....sounds like she had a medical emergency. Just hope she was gone before hitting the valve.....

I spent plenty of hot days in Houston over the years but never THAT hot....
Last couple of years in this area have been several degrees above normal in the summer time but back in 21, it was WAY below normal in the dead of winter. Don't like anything above 95 and anything below 30! I can work around 100 but anything much more than that is most unwelcome and anything in the teens is also most unwelcome lol

Auto Transport Service
Back