• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunter TUNE-IN Balancer-- On the car

Hunter Engineering is one of the best American companies existing in my opinion. I have been using Hunter Alignment equipment for over 22 years now. My first aligner was the P611 with a Hunter 9,000 Lb. Parallelogram lift in 1999. In 2016 I sold that aligner after 5,000 + alignments and purchased the Hawkeye Elite with code link to have ability to reset steering angle sensors on so equipped vehicles. 2018 I sold the 9000lb Parallelogram and purchased an RX-10 scissor lift with optional undercar lighting and Power Slide turn plates. Talk about a time saver! I couldn't be happier! Alignment readings in 2 minutes once the car is chocked on the lift. I am waiting to see how they upgrade the compensation evolution in the future. I will probably not get to use that technology by then (retire) but would like to know. I have been lucky to have the same Hunter service rep all these years and we have become good friends outside of business attending local car shows etc.

Used one of those at the Montgomery Ward Auto Service back in the day.
Now you know how old I am.:(
I worked as a mechanic at a Montgomery Ward Auto Center from 1977 to 1994. It was a damn good place to work before the Ward family sold the company to Mobile Oil Corp.

I remember having King's Frame and Alignment in St. Charles, MO using those on Dad's and my vars years ago. Boy, did they work well.
Sadly, King's is no more. We all retire sometime.

I worked as a mechanic at a Montgomery Ward Auto Center from 1977 to 1994.
I agree, They were good to me. I started in High School living in Pa. When I went to Denver Auto and Diesel school in Denver Colorado they transfered me to a store there.
Put me to work as soon as I got there.

When I finished tech school, we went and talked to dealer techs. They told us to try and work at Sears, Wards, or Firestone. The techs there were making 3 or 4 k a year more a year. That was in 1983.

Yes, I knew many a guy that retired from Sears Tire and Auto. Worked their entire careers.

Auto Transport Service
Back