• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydraulic Clutch

Two weeks now, Coronet separation disorder has set in. Add it to my other mental problems.
Wife’s Daytona and a Blown Challenger the just can’t compensate for the loss.

Damn, such agony you must be in, lol!!

2C745AFA-BEFC-4C95-BA3D-D1D9912AA559.jpeg
FA815A07-86DE-43A9-A1B6-5135C8AD7004.jpeg
Throwout Bearing. Tech says inside machining that rides on shaft looks rough. New one the same. 1000 miles. Old on top.

The TB shouldn’t be moving except forward/backward. Spinning means that a bolt got sheared off.

Is that a hydraulic TB?

Jesus Chrysler. These one week builds on tv are bullshit. Entire month of August ******* around with this.

Damn! Hope you get that sorted out before CTC. Still bummed I can't do that. Maybe next year.

Done. Got it. All is well. Clutch is light and engages where I like it. No chafe or chatter. Pedal returns on its own. Theory is that old heavy clutches required an over center spring to help reduce pressure. With a light modern clutch it works against that and can cause pedal to not return fully. Throwout bearing replaced. Unique to SST and wise to have a spare. Not the same as the 833. Easy to launch and drive.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to get my QA1 K-member and front suspension system installed by CTC...
Expectations from 15 months ago went from: (in order of reduced expectations)
Stroker build
To
TrickFlow 240s
To
Front suspension (I already own), Wilwood 4 wheel disc brake system, hydraulic clutch and HitMaster launch control
To
Hoping I can get the front suspension system installed by CtC
Big part of that is the new construction project at the lot, the lot that was bought to have a place for Cruisin the Coast. Was going to stay in our travel trailer, but the city won't allow that. Been trying to build a 850 sq ft house there for 2 years now.
Traded the travel trailer to the contractor as a partial down payment.
So I don't have a place to stay for CtC which means a 50 minute drive each day one way to go to CtC...in a car that needs work.
I'll be there, and I hope that 2021 CtC will find the house completed and at least the suspension, brakes, and hydraulic clutch done.
Then again, I could hit a couple of huge jobs and do more.
I'll be happy to live to see another 20 years of Cruisin the Coast!

AED77FD2-5E19-41FA-8144-C79370155548.jpeg
This clutch is one of the best ever. Light, engages just right. No reason to install the hydraulic kit. I love Summit.

Auto Transport Service
Back