• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identifying a '63 Fury Sport Wedge

Appraiser

Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi Gang - trying to ID a 63 Fury Sport that I can't locate a build tag for. I have a VIN 3431163027 but I also have a small tag on the base/back of the rear seat.

Does this tag relate to the seat build or the entire car? Upload isn't working for me but it's a rectangle shape with these numbers:

1 63 RSC-CH
2270160 F

The motor has this stamped into it.

A 426

8 18 L HP

Appreciate the help!

1965 426 4bbl. Street Wedge engine, assembled in late August.... I'm guessing casting date on side of block is going to be mid '64 for '65 model year.

Holy Cow! I searched the post history for "appraisals" and there are some horror stories. I can tell you all what to require from an appraiser before a dollar is spent or a picture is taken. It's not a magic trick to come up with a value on a car and a legit appraiser has to show you exactly how he/she arrived at the value.

welcome to FBBO

Hi Gang - trying to ID a 63 Fury Sport that I can't locate a build tag for. I have a VIN 3431163027 but I also have a small tag on the base/back of the rear seat.

Does this tag relate to the seat build or the entire car? Upload isn't working for me but it's a rectangle shape with these numbers:

1 63 RSC-CH
2270160 F

The motor has this stamped into it.

A 426

8 18 L HP

Appreciate the help!
So there’s no tag on the drivers side door post?

Yes the VIN tag is on the A pillar lower. The build tag is missing from the inner fender.

63 Sport Fury.JPG

This vehicle is a 1963 Plymouth Fury Sport 8 Cylinder
and was the 63,027th car scheduled for production at the
Lynch Road, Detroit, MI assembly plant.

Auto Transport Service
Back