• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you do any wiring, this is a great tool to have

65RoadRacer

Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
I picked this thing up, and immediately went to town seeing how well it would work. I love this Pertronix Crimping Tool, and can't believe I never owned one. Yeah, the cost is a factor, but if you do your own wiring (including spark plug wires) this is a must-have!

pwc06.jpg

The only wires I crimp are spark plug wires every thing gets soldered and shrink wrapped. Already have a collection of unused crimping tools.

That looks like a great tool.another wireing must have is a power prob ,I love this little tool worth every penny especially if your fixing someone else's mess saves so much time

even with this tool there are needs to use the correct crimp die, color coded lug and the very specific wire gauge and wire count to get a precise crimp...alter any of the above and you are no longer in calibration. After many many years of wiring and crimping for the government electronics/system/shipboard interconnects...you come to use these precision calibrated (yes..hand ground to a precise specification) crimpers and know not to just generally grab a device and go to squeezing..you can do as much damage over crimping as you can with under crimping Over crimping damages the wire/connector whereas under crimping provide for signal loss and eventual failures due to shifting/climatic changes.

But as with most older cars...close enough...lol

My dad (current employer) owns a computer business, so when it comes to tools like that we have plenty. Used them a bunch of times and i have to agree very nice. We own a couple off brand versions of that and works just as well. Cool deal though, to have it all in one convenient box.

Auto Transport Service
Back