• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a 528 Hemi a 426 Hemi just stroked and bored?

watermelon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Is a 528 Hemi a 426 Hemi just stroked and bored?

Are they the same block?

Just curious. Not that i'll ever do it, but just pricing Hemi's and associated parts to replace the 440 in my 1966 Coronet.

I wonder if my current 727 would last long if bolted up against a Hemi.

just dreamin,

watermelon

Just dreamin???????You musta took a gard hit ti the head.
To get than many cubes,it's an aftermarket block for larger bores and a stroked crank.So keep dreamin & strokin and if you want it bad enough,you WILL have it someday:happy6:

With a 426 block, you have 2 stroker kit options, 472 and 528. Of course, horsepower can vary greatly (425 and way up, depending on how much money you want to spend to get it) that will make a difference in your transmission lasting. Also whether you want to street race it or drag race on the track. I have a 472 Ray Barton Hemi with standard in line dual quads and flat tappet hydraulic cam, dyno sheet verifies 600 HP at 5800rpm so I have a TCI Super street fighter 727 trans with 3400 stall speed converter, the converter was beefed up by TCI with extra brazing on the stators. I don't race it but it's a bit of insurance.

Auto Transport Service
Back