• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a cheaper way to get the paint I need?

SteveSS

Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
I went to the Colorado Springs auto paint store. We were trying to match the yellow on our 81 Camaro. For 1 1/2 pints it costs $372 with hardener et al. Is there a better cheaper way on the internet?

You can try tcp global. ( internet ). I’ve used them and their paint is decent but far from the best. So I guess it’s a matter of what you are trying to achieve.

I've heard many times that certain NAPA stores will mix small batch matching paint for a decent price, but have yet to try it.

Yikes.

4 gallons of Nason's ful-cryl II cost $400

I've heard many times that certain NAPA stores will mix small batch matching paint for a decent price, but have yet to try it.
90 for them to mix up a spray can of color hear

Looks like many folks haven't bought automotive paint in some time! Maybe you can tell me what isn't more expensive these days. ruffcut

Looks like many folks haven't bought automotive paint in some time! Maybe you can tell me what isn't more expensive these days. ruffcut
Why not go to a bigger paint/bodyshop and see what they’ll charge you to mix some up. My buddy mixes his own like other bigger shops

Tremclad / Rustoleum comes in Yellow.... or break out your wallet. You can't take it with you....

Last edited:
Yes, the mullet is back in style in 2024. The versatile, timeless haircut is a statement of individuality and self-expression, and can be adapted to suit anyone, regardless of gender.

Paint it Harbor Freight toolbox yellow; and use their cheap, foam rollers.

They'll order the paint for you.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous post about visiting a local body shop and see if they mix their own paint there.
No B.S. and you'll get what you want!

Tremclad / Rustoleum comes in Yellow.... or break out your wallet. You can't take it with you....
c58a403bc6edcd5c2bc5e43c08826ea0--haul-kid-1448911058.jpg

eb3489b09bb985e2838e276b95d6fcae-2435038686.jpg

Is it FACTORY yellow, or something else?
What he said. If it's factory any paint seller can make it. It's been a while since I had rattle cans made. The least I could get was two cans as that was the smallest they could mix and still get the correct color. It was $20 for two cans of enamel.

Here is tractor paint.
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 1.19.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 1.20.27 PM.png

Saw a car with this over the tractor enamel (same enamel as the paint store). The guy didn't like the finish of paint alone so he color sanded it and sprayed this. The depth and shine were stunning.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 1.41.13 PM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back