• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a cheaper way to get the paint I need?

Way back some people thought SS on Chevrolet meant Super Suck.
Put new heavy duty coils from a 409 Pontiac Safari Wagon in my 59 Impala . Still couldn’t handle gravel curves as fast as a torsion bar cars.
Did reduce the boulevard ride somewhat.

This week I paid $650 for 2 PINTS of Toyota red tri coat to paint a front bumper cover and fender. And that was wholesale. Add to that the other required painting materials, its a grand in materials. Paint has went through the roof over the last 3 years. PPG blames the government and EPA for the prices.
If you can raise your prices to the moon, (and get your competitors to do the same)
and plausibly blame someone or something else (government!), that's WIN-WIN baby!

I usually paint with Kirker paint. Did my Peterbilt hood and some fenders...great finish and a long lasting shine.

It would be hard to spend over $200 for all the materials you need.

This week I paid $650 for 2 PINTS of Toyota red tri coat to paint a front bumper cover and fender. And that was wholesale. Add to that the other required painting materials, it’s a grand in materials. Paint has went through the roof over the last 3 years. PPG blames the government and EPA for the prices
This week I paid $650 for 2 PINTS of Toyota red tri coat to paint a front bumper cover and fender. And that was wholesale. Add to that the other required painting materials, its a grand in materials. Paint has went through the roof over the last 3 years. PPG blames the government and EPA for the pricep

Ffs Steve @SteveSS , you start all these piss and moan threads and never come back ....
Musta been a bot

Auto Transport Service
Back