• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a cheaper way to get the paint I need?

Pole barn garage on YouTube, he does some pretty questionable things but it turns out looking good :rofl:

Doesn't anyone read what the PO is asking anymore?

"We were trying to match the yellow on our 81 Camaro."

I'd try the local body shops that mix their own paint.

No one reads the original post, they just have to get their 2 cents in! LOL! Yes, the OP is trying to color match his Camaro paint. ruffcut

Yep and despite all his bragging, trying to be cheap about it, so we offered solutions.

They did not say if it was original color or not, and have yet to answer that question. .

what exactly are we painting? :popcorn2:

this is the pertinent question....... and in addition......

are we blending a little single stage?....... base/clear?......... looking for a panel to panel match? (good luck)........ something down low on a driver? or in your face on a nicer car?

the answer requires more info

Yes, but his post was about a Camaro on a Mopar forum. That's kind of like an open invitation for (friendly) harassment.

I do have a question though. Does the SS at the end of his name stand for Super Stock (Mopar) or Super Sport (Chevy)?
:p

Yes, but his post was about a Camaro on a Mopar forum. That's kind of like an open invitation for (friendly) harassment.

I do have a question though. Does the SS at the end of his name stand for Super Stock (Mopar) or Super Sport (Chevy)?

maybe he's German? :fool:

Yep, I get it :) I did have second thoughts after I posted that.

Carry on! :usflag:

No one reads the original post, they just have to get their 2 cents in! LOL! Yes, the OP is trying to color match his Camaro paint. ruffcut
You know another factor is single stage or base/clear. I agree as a former bodyman it’s crazy out there

Yet the op has had over thirty posts trying to help.... but he hasn't been back to answer any of the questions asked of him.
Great way to get people to want to help........

Yet the op has had over thirty posts trying to help.... but he hasn't been back to answer any of the questions asked of him.
Great way to get people to want to help........
Sometimes I wonder if there not bots

This week I paid $650 for 2 PINTS of Toyota red tri coat to paint a front bumper cover and fender. And that was wholesale. Add to that the other required painting materials, its a grand in materials. Paint has went through the roof over the last 3 years. PPG blames the government and EPA for the prices.

I went to the Colorado Springs auto paint store. We were trying to match the yellow on our 81 Camaro. For 1 1/2 pints it costs $372 with hardener et al. Is there a better cheaper way on the internet?

That’s really high. I bought a quart of white single stage from my O’ Reillys PPG paint shop in OMNI for well under $100 (didn’t need reducer or hardner). He does usually give me a fleet discount. I would do some more shopping around.

Well gold chains aren't cheap either.
Sometimes you can find a good deal at a pawn shop

milliondollarmullet_1000x.jpg

Last pint of single stage I bought was a steel blue color $69.00 , ( Omni MTK ) that's is cheap ****.
I had the activator and reducer at home.

Auto Transport Service
Back