• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an original tach clock combo?

josh202221

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
image0.jpeg

Hi there, the clock on this is broken so I’m debating I replace it with an oer unit or get it sent out to be converted to a quartz clock. The issue with the oer is that the red line is red instead of orange and the tach numbers do not line up the same way. Does anyone know if the gauge that’s in the car now is the correct one? Thanks
IMG_1561.jpeg

View attachment 1704665
Hi there, the clock on this is broken so I’m debating I replace it with an oer unit or get it sent out to be converted to a quartz clock. The issue with the oer is that the red line is red instead of orange and the tach numbers do not line up the same way. Does anyone know if the gauge that’s in the car now is the correct one? ThanksView attachment 1704667
Tic Toc Tach

I believe this is the correct tic-toc-tac. The top left is from Flea Bay and reportedly OEM. The pic on the right reportedly came from a 1968 Charger. The bottom left is claimed to be OEM for 68-70. Just a FWIW as I don't own a 1969 Charger so I can't tell you for sure.

1722645958803.png
1722646049013.png

1722646320458.png

Well now, the one on the top right has been beat to **** so I don't think that would be OER and in that rough of shape. Thus it should be OEM. It has the HIGH NOON at around the 4600 RPM. Your photo has the unit currently in your car showing HIGH NOON around 4100 RPM. So, the one in your hand is the one I would say is closer to OEM than the one in the dash now. IDK, maybe Ma Mopar had different suppliers for the tach and each supplier was a little different. As for red line area being red instead of orange, I am no expert but maybe the original red faded to orange.

Well now, the one on the top right has been beat to **** so I don't think that would be OER and in that rough of shape. Thus it should be OEM. It has the HIGH NOON at around the 4600 RPM. Your photo has the unit currently in your car showing HIGH NOON around 4100 RPM. So, the one in your hand is the one I would say is closer to OEM than the one in the dash now. IDK, maybe Ma Mopar had different suppliers for the tach and each supplier was a little different. As for red line area being red instead of orange, I am no expert but maybe the original red faded to orange.
I agree about the high noon at 4100. Do you think it’s a non original replacement? I googled charger 500s and only saw one with the same tic toc tac. The rest of them had the high noon at 4600 like the Oer I bought.

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-week-1969-dodge-charger-500-hemiView attachment 1704846

I would say the one in your car is a little off. This pic is from a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 Hemi featured on Old Cars Weekly. Noon looks to be at 4600 RPM, I would take this to be what should be in the car. IMHO
That makes sense. I did my research and it seems like you either had the one you sent me or another style that doesn’t have a colored redline like this

IMG_1564.png

A photo of the rear of the housing will tell us what it is from - or at least a date and Part number.

Post 12 - that's just a clock, as others have said.

Auto Transport Service
Back