• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Itching to Get Down the Track!

65CopCar

Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Not been down the track with the race car since 2019. Once I got the new motor in, took 2 years to get out of transmission purgatory. Pretty much ready to make some runs. If all goes well, might make T&T on Friday. Seriously itching to get it down the track. Car has been with me since 1981 and is in its final configuration. Way too heavy (3500 lb+) to go any faster.

Tony Bischoff built the new 574 B1MC. Should go pretty good. Hood scoop is not yet sealed and the tires are real old so not great expectations for first time out. Plus has all new Strange brakes so need to make sure it will stop.

187.jpg
IMG_7630.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg

After a few shake downs for both you and the car, it should be good to advance to the next level with new running shoes on the rims. Car looks sweet. Good luck.

After a few shake downs for both you and the car, it should be good to advance to the next level with new running shoes on the rims. Car looks sweet. Good luck.
Thanks! The sad part is the the new shoes are almost 5 years old! LOL! Hopefully being stored in the basement they will be ok. The ones on the car are 10 years old. LOL!

And I must be really crazy. Ever see M/T valve covers before on a B1 head? LOL!

That motor should make some steam. I've run old slicks on mine. Worked just as well as newer ones. A friend is having Tony do a 604 B-1 MC for his N/SS car. It had a B-1 original 588. Went a best of 8.7X@3400.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back