• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i've got a 1966 charger survivor car from ca.

my66-67-68-69-72bbodies

Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
i have seen several Cal. chargers on ebay with the 68 bullet side turn signals.
i have a dealer service record of the changes on mine.did Cal. mandate these changes for passing inspection/registration ??????

The 68 side marker lights did not come on any 66 or 67 Charger...they were added afterwards. No Charger before 1968 came with side lights from the factory

I have seen a few 66-67 models in the past (20-25 years ago) with later 68-69 side markers added. When they came out, people added them for customization or for safety reasons.

I'm sorry, side marker lights do not belong on a First Generation Charger.

These pics below have the 68 styles...I even have pics of First generation Chargers with '70 style markers....worse yet

Borchadts_006.jpg

66charger03.jpg

i agree the side markers don't belong

however i have the all paperwork and documentation from before it was bought(agreement to sell)to present and it includes a dealer invoice for add these markers in 68. was just wondering why most of the cali cars have these sidemarkers

Well, not to argue here...I would like to see the paperwork with the date on it...and the year of the car with the fender tag info...you could not get a 66 Charger with 68 marker lights..they were not even made yet

Well, not to argue here...I would like to see the paperwork with the date on it...and the year of the car with the fender tag info...you could not get a 66 Charger with 68 marker lights..they were not even made yet

was this something dealers offered to retrofit on pre-68 cars? you know how dealership service departments can scare people into spending money!
" I cant believe you let your kids ride in this car, what kind of parent are you?" ever heard a writer say something like that trying to sell a brake job? i have!

they were installed on the car in 68

by the dealer for the orig owner. the reason for this thread is that a lot of 66-67 chargers you see from cali have the 68 bullet side markers.thats why i ask if "they were mandated by cali dmv"

by the dealer for the orig owner. the reason for this thread is that a lot of 66-67 chargers you see from cali have the 68 bullet side markers.thats why i ask if "they were mandated by cali dmv"

No, it was not mandated...someone just added them sometime after 1968 when they came out on the other cars

Side marker lights were not mandated on any car,truck or tank prior to 1968.

<<<<<<franticly searches his all origianal 66 charger for marker lights.....hmmmm no holes or lights in my fenders

wanna make a bet

<<<<<<franticly searches his all origianal 66 charger for marker lights.....hmmmm no holes or lights in my fenders

is your charger a cali car ???been 2 on ebay with side markers, mine has them also has orig paint , wanna compare my survior 66 with yours????

thankyou 1badstroker for the answer

Side marker lights were not mandated on any car,truck or tank prior to 1968.

btw that charger in the pics above was one of the cali chargers listed as orig on ebay and there aint hardly nothing orig about it

Side marker lights did not exist on any car or truck before 68. 68 was the first year of any type of 'safety' side marker light to go on any car, notice all Mopars of 67 had none, and 68 they were all round? Then 69 came and they were all rectangle, and so forth. Whatever is on any car before 68 must have been added by someone AFTER it came from the factory.

way cool car....ps <<<<i wasnt tryin to piss anyone off ....just being funny ....yall will find 99% of all things i post will be humor based if not a direct question

way cool car....ps <<<<i wasnt tryin to piss anyone off ....just being funny ....yall will find 99% of all things i post will be humor based if not a direct question

Same here....you should see me on the "other" Charger forum I run.... :rolling:

Auto Transport Service
Back