• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just joined.

Jake70

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thanks for accepting my membership.

I am in NY and I currently have a 2006 Dakota with the HO V8. It has a lot of flashy stripes and yellow paint. The last guy reupulstered the seats and gave it a touch screen, with backup camera andBluetooth, a tool box, bed cover, etc. It is a great truck but it is hard to use as a truck. I can't put a load of manure in it and it doesn't fit a sheet of sheetrock. So I had to buy a trailer.

When I was 16, my great uncle passed on his 68 Imperial Crown to my father so I would have something to drive. What a car! 4 mpg was tough even with $0.70/gal gas, but it was the talk of the high school.

My father ordered an early 68 Roadrunner, hemi 4 speed, with power nothing. It was a post car (I think) and had the shifter before the Hurst one. Blue. Purchased in floral park on long Island. My guess is that out of the 500 or so with hemi and 4 speeds, there were only a few in blue that were ordered and sold on long Island. Unfortunately, I have no VIN#, and only 1 pic. He sold the car to pay the hospital bill when my sister was born. End of 1968. I wonder where that car is today.

As I was trying to decode what the VIN could be, I came across this site and heard that there was a database kept but can't find it. Chrysler archives told me they only have data up to 1967.

So far, it's very informative. Thanks for the add and I hope to lesrn. Perhaps I'll find a car for me too!

Jake

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to FBBO!! Let's see that one pic you have of the Hemi Road Runner . . .

Wile E. Coyote.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the quest to find that car

Welcome to the site!! And 4mpg with a Crown Imp? Man, you must have had a very lead foot LOL

Well. I was 16. I was burning tires off of it.

My father found a LeBaron that had the drive train taken out, so we harvested all the parts off of it. I got a telescopic steering wheel, electric front bench seat, REVERBERATOR with FM radio, and a SCAN BUTTON on the floor next to the high beam switch! It was so cool.

Also all the lights, eondow motors, gas cap door, cigarette lighters, etc.

Well. I was 16. I was burning tires off of it.

My father found a LeBaron that had the drive train taken out, so we harvested all the parts off of it. I got a telescopic steering wheel, electric front bench seat, REVERBERATOR with FM radio, and a SCAN BUTTON on the floor next to the high beam switch! It was so cool.

Also all the lights, eondow motors, gas cap door, cigarette lighters, etc.
I drove my 66 Belvedere back when pretty hard and got a lot better than 4 with a 383 that had some aftermarket parts on it lol....and remember my dad getting 17 on the highway with a 440 New Yucker and he never drove for mileage lol

I think it was about 6000 pounds. I took every curve sideways. Maybe 4 mpg is an exaggeration. But I knew it took about $5 to get to school. If I was too low, somebody else had to drive.

That thing was such a boat and would float along the road. I got it up over 100 but I had to have my friend watch the speedometer because I was trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Welcome from Iowa Jake.
Let's see a pic of that dakota .

Auto Transport Service
Back