• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf springs - where to purchase ?

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Sorry - probable repeating a common question - could not find thread.

1969 Dodge Coronet 500 W/383 Auto
Snapped the driver side leaf spring, searching for replacement and see a wide range of prices. Curious if the B-bodies community could narrow the the field.
Not a racer, just a cruiser. Direct fit, no modification required. Not afraid of a higher price, but want quality to match.

Examples;
General Spring - set for $280
Jeg's/Summit - Mopar performance set for $305
Classic Industries - set for $540
Eaton Detroit Spring - set for $750
PST - set for $1050

Also,
how common is this location for the break ?
thoughts on adjusting height of rear end via spring ?
Keep the 5 leaf standard OE ?

Thanks
leaf.jpg

I was going to get me some ESPO springs but they have a 3 month wait. I am leaning toward the Summit Mopar Performance and buying two left (driver side) springs.

Last edited:
You should try a local spring shop, if any still exist near you. Shipping will be $$$$$.
Mike

You should try a local spring shop, if any still exist near you. Shipping will be $$$$$.
Mike
What he said. There may be truck spring shops in your area. Look for a big rig repair facility. Your old ones, like mine that I donated for the purpose, make great raw material for people making knives.

Im cheap I dont think Espo charged shipping. I could be wrong. Their worth the wait. JMO I will never buy the Summit ones again,was disappointed and there sitting in my yard. Tried to give them away.

shame you aint closer to AZ.

I have a set of the MP springs in the garage you can have

Does tri city springs still exist? Always heard guys talk those up, Mr. Six Pack was first I heard say it in a magazine article on tricks he used in his car.

The MP ones sag, been there done that.

Local guy at truck shop could rebuild any springs. He died though. Maybe try to find a shop like that. Use a Deloren with a flux capacitor.

Call ESPO on leaf springs. Laura is who I spoke to, she’s very knowledgeable and helpful.

Laura Snyder
ESPO Springs n Things

800-903-9019 / 570-672-9413
(M-Th 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and Fri 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern)

I got replacement springs from Eaton Detroit Spring many years ago. Very happy with the product.

I'm running Mopar Performance springs from Summit Racing on a 69 Coronet R/T and a 68 GTX, no problems. They fit perfect, they make the car sit as it should and perform good, what else can you ask for.

Mike
After reading a lot of reviews about the Summit springs losing their Mojo after a few months I decided to get mine re-arched/rebuilt at a local spring shop, dropped them off this morning and will have them back in 4 days. Those 55 year old springs have to be made from much better alloy steel than any of the budget friendly (chinese) ones.
They quoted me $500 for both.

+1 for local spring shop. Mine came from St Louis Spring look and fit great. Ordered them in afternoon, ready for pickup the next day.

I was going to get me some ESPO springs but they have a 3 month wait. I am leaning toward the Summit Mopar Performance and buying two left (driver side) springs.
Getting the idea go cheap or used and order ESPO for installation at a later date - nothing as much fun as doing a job twice.

I second (or is it 3rd, 4th, ?) ESPO. I ordered a new set from them late last year and got them in January - about 6 weeks. I replaced a set of MP HD springs that I was unhappy with because they had sagged quickly. Very happy with ESPO sales (Laura) and their products so far.

Is that General Spring from KC MO?

Got mine back from being heat treated, rebuilt, rearched to 1” over stock height at local spring shop bill was $490.05 with tax.

6C9C1D7F-1EED-4734-A29F-D241F7A72A7B.jpeg

I paid $458 for a pair brand new ESPO +1 HD springs (6/7 leafs) in Dec '23. That price included new spring eye and shackle bushings plus shipping to FL.

New springs and 1.03 t-bars
20240608_101920.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back