• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Line Mechanics?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
I do not recall a previous thread on this: how many members here were employed in Chrysler product dealerships and when?

I was from 1970-78.
Mike

What a place to be in the early 70's. Which plants built the Cuda and Challenger? I had one of each back in the early '70's.

My former brother in law worked at Clark Motor Company in State College from 1966 to 1980. He built and raced several drag cars sponsored by the dealership until 1970, the last one a '69 440 Barracuda painted to match the
Sox and Martin car of the era. He left to open his own shop, which didn't end well. Same issues discussed in threads on self employment - he couldn't get good employees.

AutoClearing Chrysler 2002-03.

My brother, Spruceland Chrysler in Prince George B.C. 1964-1971. The best years IMO. Ha, ha. He didn't like working on Non-Mopars, they tasked him with a VW engine change and he made it last for 2 days.

Worthington Dodge 1988-89 "Go See Cal"

My roommate worked across the street at Huntington Beach Chrysler Plymouth

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back