• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

matching set of drive belts

euroz06

Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on replacing my AC system, and manual calls for a matching set of Gates 7575 xl belts. I'm doing searches on some vendors, and I can't find anyone that sells a matching set. Any recomendations on where to go to find it?

Hi,

I'm working on replacing my AC system, and manual calls for a matching set of Gates 7575 xl belts. I'm doing searches on some vendors, and I can't find anyone that sells a matching set. Any recomendations on where to go to find it?
I remember sell ing matching sets back in the late 70's. There's a good chance they don't have them any more. Just get 2 belts.

If you have a twin drive belt system - both belts need to be matching length.
If you buy one made on a Monday and one made on a Friday they will be slightly different lengths even if the same part number. When you adjust them one will be tight and the other loose.

For sure don't try mix-matching between different manufacturers. No one matches them anymore so you gotta do that on your own. I would go with the ones you mentioned and hope they are the same.

Go to an industrial supplier as opposed to an auto parts store. Take your part number just in case they can cross reference it and take your old belts. Lots of industrial/mechanical applications still use double/matched belts. Virtually no automotive applications do and the manufacturers dont service such a niche market anymore regrettably.

For my 67 GTX I bought 3 Dayco outside cog belts of the appropriate length and picked the two closest in length. I was impressed that they were all 3 real close in length - negligible difference.

Try your closest Motion Industries branch, they're aimed at industrial, they still claim to have matched sets, at least they were still selling matched sets the last time I needed a set for work. From what was explained to me, the term "matched set" is kind of outdated. Due to advances in how belts are manufactured, the differences are negligible, as AR67GTX pointed out, so they all fall into the matched set category if they're from the same manufacturer. I don't manufacture belts so, I don't know if that's true or not, just what I was told.

What happened to the OP? I possibly could have helped him. Irks me when someone gets on here and asks for help and you never hear from them again.

Whenever I needed matched sets, a guy had go to the warehouse and match the mold marks on the belts. Belts from the same mold will be equal length.

Auto Transport Service
Back