• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May need aftermarket power booster...what brand do you like....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Guys, several power booster rebuilders have responded they cannot rebuild my stock 73 unit at this time, I assume its the corona thing, so I have been looking at the 8 inch aftermarket units for my stock brake system car. Discs front, drums rear. Flea bay lists many...any builder/namebrand have you used that really stood out and would recommend....thanks

I dont know what fits the 73 but I got a new booster for my front disc/rear drum car.
First i got a kit from the right stuff, it worked well though it had those brackets that puts the booster a bit out from the firewall.
The rubber seal for the rod didnt fit my stock plate at all and the brackets was just a mess to work with.

I sold the right stuff booster and got a bendix type booster that sits like original, bolted to the firewall with the linkage inside under the dash, works well and a breeze to work with.

Saw that , but was a bit nervous in ordering. I sent my booster and m cylinder to Cardone for rebuild going thru Rocks steps in sending in. They stated NOT to use post office for shipping , so I drove to the closest town for UPS, paid for shipping to Cardones Texas plant. Bout a week later is was back....and not touched and no explanation why. There is NO WAY to call or text a person with Rock for ANY reason....you go thru their given check blocks or nothing. NO questions can you submit. So, about a week after that I got an email from Rock stating my booster was being returned and only Cardone could not rebuild it at this time. So, I am just out my time and shipping costs with Rock. But, in the past , they did deliver correctly what was ordered. Thanks Jonas, I , like you , just do not want to purchase MORE trouble....good info...

Thanks....booster Dewey seems reasonable...I shall buzz them up.....

Auto Transport Service
Back