• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McDonald's is up-charging without customer's permission

SteveSS

Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
I don't know if you ever ordered the $5 Meal Deal (a double or a chicken sandwich with small fries, 4 nuggets, and a small drink) but I've caught them up-charging my order several times without asking. The $5 deal should be $5 plus tax. They are charging $5.40 for the meal. When I asked about this they said I am getting a medium drink instead of a small one. I told them if I wanted a medium drink I would order that. Their defense was when they press the $5 meal deal button it automatically up-charges customers. I know $.40 is no big deal (pun intended) but take that times millions of times a day it adds up.

It seems wrong to me. I'm not sure who to ask about it.

Last edited:
I rarely go to McDonalds anymore, but on Sunday driving home from Moparty passing through east podunk Indiana, we wanted some lunch and stopped at a McDonald’s.
I ordered a Big Mac value meal and asked for an unsweetened ice tea for the drink. Looking at my receipt after I sat down, I noticed a 10c upcharge for my drink. No idea why and it was not worth arguing about a damn dime, but it seemed pretty petty squeezing a little extra out of customers doing that.

When does this $h!t stop...
Horshack.jpg

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right, if you asked for more than the nickle-sized glob of tarter sauce on a filet-o-fish, they charged an extra twenty cents
Nowadays, with a meal WELL over 10 bucks in california, who would notice?

I don't know if you ever ordered the $5 Meal Deal (a double or a chicken sandwich with small fries, 4 nuggets, and a small drink) but I've caught them up-charging my order several times without asking. The $5 deal should be $5 plus tax. They are charging $5.40 for the meal. When I asked about this they said I am getting a medium drink instead of a small one. I told them if I wanted a medium drink I would order that. Their defense was when they press the $5 meal deal button it automatically up-charges customers. I know $.40 is no big deal (pun intended) but take that times millions of times a day it adds up.

It seems wrong to me. I'm not sure who to ask about it.
Simple; don't go to mcdonalds... of course, I shouldn't hafta say that anyway...

3 del taco tacos tonight, Tuesday special. (In california). Used to be $1.89. Now $3.
When they were under two bucks, I used to buy six.......

What I wanna know is, why do they have iced coffee for $1.29 in the morning for breakfast BUT then they jack up the price to $2.00 or more at lunch time?!. I ordered that burger meal before for $5.00 at least 4 months ago now, or maybe more too by the way. Then the next time I went it was $6.00 and there was no sign on the building saying that it was $6.00, I got it anyway but thats the last time I got it. Then the next time I went back they had the sign up. But yet they STILL advertise it on tv for $5.00, at least thats around here in Connecticut. We went to lake George New York last week for the car show, and we stopped at the McDonalds going to the Dragway and it was $5.00 for everything. So I guess it depends on what one you go to, but still in my opinion thats false advertising.

What I wanna know is, why do they have iced coffee for $1.29 in the morning for breakfast BUT then they jack up the price to $2.00 or more at lunch time?!. I ordered that burger meal before for $5.00 at least 4 months ago now, or maybe more too by the way. Then the next time I went it was $6.00 and there was no sign on the building saying that it was $6.00, I got it anyway but thats the last time I got it. Then the next time I went back they had the sign up. But yet they STILL advertise it on tv for $5.00, at least thats around here in Connecticut. We went to lake George New York last week for the car show, and we stopped at the McDonalds going to the Dragway and it was $5.00 for everything. So I guess it depends on what one you go to, but still in my opinion thats false advertising.
I started a thread about that. Do the California fastfoods restaurants have to honor national advertised prices?
But the thread went off the rails when we started talking about my girlfriends bra......

What pisses me off with the McPuke's up in Canada is you never get ketchup packets or napkins anymore...unless you ASK for them. Seriously, when you order fries, since when was ketchup optional??

If I remember right, if you asked for more than the nickle-sized glob of tarter sauce on a filet-o-fish, they charged an extra twenty cents
Nowadays, with a meal WELL over 10 bucks in california, who would notice?
When ordering a basic McD's hamburger, I usually order extra pickles and extra ketchup. No extra charge for that here.

Auto Transport Service
Back