• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MeMikieJr's 1973 Charger Build

MeMikieJr

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Green as a Gourd is the old saying..... I have a lot to learn and some listening to do with you pro's on this one.

I have been around cars my entire life, I have seen and rode in some cool Mopar's. My dad and Uncles must of been the cool guys with the hot rods back in the day.

-Project 73 Charger SE 400 BB
*Plan of action
-Put on wheel skates
-Drain oil
-Replace Brake fluid
-Check Tranny Fluid
-Add Fluids (previous owner drained water and fuel before storage.
-Put Battery on it.
-Possibly put different carb on it
<SEE IF WE CAN GET A STARTUP>
Big IF...... We get started put on jack stands and check tranny.
-Check Brakes and see if we can do a yard drive.......

Ch2.png

CHTAG.png

CHVIN.png

c11.png

CH3.png

CH5.png

CH6.png

CH7.png

CH8.png

Last edited:
After looking into it, looks like previous owner was doing SE to Hardtop conversion.
Has Magnum Hood, Louvers deleted so numbers matching no that big of deal I'm guessing.

Check out all of your fuel system hoses. Fill, vent, feed etc. Have a gander at the wiring too. Look for rodent issues, melted wires etc. When you go to light it, do it outside. Have fire extinguishers, water etc handy in case you end up with the hottest Charger in the area.

Check out all of your fuel system hoses. Fill, vent, feed etc. Have a gander at the wiring too. Look for rodent issues, melted wires etc. When you go to light it, do it outside. Have fire extinguishers, water etc handy in case you end up with the hottest Charger in the area.
Good Point:thumbsup:

I wish I kept my '73. It was my first car way back in 1989-90. It was super blue with black vinyl top. It was Ziebarted at some point in its life so it was pretty solid, it only had some minor rust in lower quarters. A previous owner swapped out the 400 for a 440HP motor. I still have the motor and 727 from it. Being a dumb kid at the time, I stripped the original paint and sprayed it black primer - I was way ahead of the ratrod look :lol:

This is the only picture I have of it:
My 73 Charger.jpeg

As far as doing the work on your car, I have zero experience doing this stuff and I replaced the driver's side front and rear framerails and trans crossmember. I did build a jig for it. There are plenty of good examples on the web. Just take your time, tons of measurements and photos. It's doable.

Auto Transport Service
Back