• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mexican Myths

I’ve seen Sicario, good movies! Lol!!

'Nawlands' is one city I don't care to go to.....and why do so many say not to drink the water in Mexico??

I've been there several times. The Baja, Yucatan and Mexico City. I'd love the find a little spot in the Baja for the winters.

A common joke.....Mexican grandmothers are often the most attractive of all nationalities since they are often 30 or younger.
20D15EB5-4EAE-463A-97CE-E20BE7B704A9.gif

I wouldn’t visit Chicago right now and I live in a suburb 15 miles away!
Northeast Illinois has a very large Mexican immigrant population and I’d developed a stereotype based on that. But in recent years I‘ve worked at companies with facilities in Mexico, and although none have given me the opportunity to travel there, I do work closely with my colleagues in Mexico. They are well educated professionals and not very much like the immigrants I encounter in my area for the most part.
The migrants aren’t educated and are largely indigenous heritage. The ones I work with tend to be more of a European heritage.
One thing that seems to be consistent, whether professional or uneducated rural Mexicans, is strong work ethic. The workday in our Mexican facilities is 9 hours versus 8 hours here. And here in Illinois at least, if you want to find workers who will toil long hours at hard outdoor work like roofing, construction or landscaping you will hire Mexicans. Most Americans from families who have been here for many generations don’t want to work hard anymore.
That is a part of the culture there that is superior to ours.

Every Mexican worker I've ever seen or heard of have been hard workers. We need more of them in Canada.

The current issue with the younger lazier generation is a product of the education system. Educators preached that to be successful you need to go to college or university. Ever since the schooling system moved away from vocational schooling and promoted 4 years of college we spawned a generation of people that don't want to get their hands dirty or work hard.

Yes, I learned as a general rule of thumb when we built a house - if you want something done, done now and done fast hire a Mexican crew. If you want to waste your time hearing excuses hire US workers. My general builder said I wouldn’t have to worry about structural stability - Mexican framing crews will put 10 nails in for every one a US framing crew will put in - and that was pretty true. I never saw them with a level in there hands however our house it the squarest and most plumb framed house I’ve ever lived in. But I still won’t travel to Mexico.

Here is an opinion on THAT...
Americans USED to do all of these jobs but a growing entitlement mentality changed the work ethic of many of us..... to where SOME think that they are above digging ditches, cleaning out porta-potties and hauling garbage. Add in government freebies to sit on their asses and you get a void that the unskilled immigrants are happy to fill.
Right on the money, KD.
As a kid in highschool, my dad broke me in
to hanging drywall. Late 60's/early 70's.
There wasn't a Mexican to be seen on any
construction job.
The crews consisted of young white guys
with a few blacks here and there.
INS made regular visits as well as union
reps for the carpenters local. California
back then was a different place from
what it is now.
We put up a lot of 'rock in Santa Rosa,
Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Napa, Velleo,
and Mendocino. As you, I'm not afraid
of a little hard work. Getting a high-school
kid these days just to pick up dog sqeezin's
takes an act of Congress.
When my dad gave the order, it was best
to carry it out. I thank him to this day for
his instilled work ethics.

Ok! Mythbusters! What's a chupacabra?
For real? What is it? Goat sucker? What is it? Extraterrestrial life form?

Yes, I learned as a general rule of thumb when we built a house - if you want something done, done now and done fast hire a Mexican crew. If you want to waste your time hearing excuses hire US workers. My general builder said I wouldn’t have to worry about structural stability - Mexican framing crews will put 10 nails in for every one a US framing crew will put in - and that was pretty true. I never saw them with a level in there hands however our house it the squarest and most plumb framed house I’ve ever lived in. But I still won’t travel to Mexico.

After recently going through the process of having a homestead built the workers were a mix. Each crew was the best of the local, highest rated builder/contractor in the area.
Local men some with long beards and spitting tobacco, local electrician & hv/ac, 3 local brothers who hung the drywall without mechanical lifts like a circus high wire act, brick layers who looked like they were on a witness protection program, the best spray-in insulation crew that was fabulous & Mexican (we did a fully enclosed home, no attic ventilation) and the only crew we were disappointed in was the final cleaning crew consisting of a few Mexican women that we told the general contractor NOT to have them come again. The sod was laid and plantings done by a Mexican company and wow did that crew do some amazing work. You pay for what you get (you hope) it’s a mix bag, always was always will be.

By the way, my Irish Grandma who came over on the “boat”, her second husband was from Mexico. I didn’t know her first Irish husband. But Arthur was a musician who played with many bands around Chicago and saw the downfalls of alcohol & drugs early in the last century. He treated my Grandmother like a Queen. He would sing & play guitar and the one story I remember him telling about the “old” country was that the Mexican Government just taking his villa. He never explained why. Boy I miss my Grandma & Grandfather!

29AF7D2B-1206-4042-B4FB-EABF14551B67.png

D2F7755A-AEF3-488F-9E15-F1AAE5FAE0CC.jpeg

4CA91BE0-3F92-4374-B742-92FAC3C77647.jpeg

9ED606C0-1B17-4102-BA36-376EB66F945F.png

4DDB6F52-AC91-4E79-927F-9FB41603042A.png

F5F11D1C-E79C-4B42-AB8A-4B679780FBC7.png

251B2596-0D61-445B-A1E0-8F6C46F8A72F.jpeg

E49135FD-CE18-4EBF-BAD0-373FD41BC3A6.png

7F3D1307-A4AF-4325-9A49-D38330119DDB.png

C7506210-568D-46FA-A53D-8542DA53850D.png

the only crew we were disappointed in was the final cleaning crew consisting of a few Mexican women

I don't think "Mexican" has anything to do with it. I've had seven new homes built from one end of the country to the other and have NEVER had a good cleaning crew. They get the bulk of the dirt, etc but its never a detail job.

So older Mexican ladies aren't pretty and are all fat? Don't think so, my wife will make some of your wifes look like kibble. Maybe because they aren't bitching and griping you think they aren't working but most of them I've been in contact with work hard.
There's a secret to having a hard working population, don't reward dog f(*&^rs and people that don't even get off the couch. It's almost too late for Canada and the US to re-enact this state of mind but it's overdue.

pretty lady.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back