• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Might just have to get a hunting license again

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
I stopped hunting about 10 years ago. It was just too expensive, at the time. I have been pricing 1/4 side of beef....ouch, even at $4 bucks a pound that is about $750. I just was looking at the NYSDEC website. The cost of a license is down to $22 for both big and small game. Throw in processing (if I am lucky) + an extra doe permit, and it totals about $110. 10 years ago I was well north of $150, closer to $200. Plus, being retired....what excuse do I have to not hunt ? I am not using vacation time. If it fills the freezer and saves me money, it is a win !

Yeah, and the deer you have up there are behemoths compared to the puny-sized deer here in coastal Georgia!

I have taken some monsters in the past. I couldn't drag them, had to get the farmer and his tractor.

good luck it's a great pastime/tradition
& you get to enjoy the woods/nature/outdoors etc.

I don't do a lot of mammal hunting anymore
I still enjoy pheasant, quail

we have an abundance of deer here
some coastal & some muleys, the mules are big
even some hybrids

mule
Deer Calif. mule deer.jpg

in the easement next to our place
we have a local herd/s that travels thru
a big bachelor group of late too

Sonora Deer 7-29-2020.jpg

they are almost like pets
coastal/mule

Sonora Deer Does (1).JPG

It is getting to the point that they are the Kings deer. See if you can find a copy of Survival Poaching, explains a a lot. I know hunting fees pay for conservation ect But F the King.

Auto Transport Service
Back