• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini Starter

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
I have the headers off my car right now and I am thinking about updating my starter while I am at it. Any opinions on what I should use? I have been told that any new style starter from a v6 or v8 Dakota will work.

Seems like I have read that some are a little different, not sure what year, mid 90's. What's your old one? Stock, or a mimi? Wiring hook up can or is different. Someone will tell you.

Put one of these in in my Satellite. You need to remove a plastic cover to get to a second set of terminals, no big deal. $60 5 years ago. It's a mini starter.
starter NAPA.jpg

92 – 95 Dodge P/Us with 3.9L, 5.2L, and 5.9L engines

I have one off of a 91 dodge pickup on my road runner works perfect just take off the adapter for the wires

Yep, Fred has had a "Dakota" starter on at least (3) 440's in his 13 years with me and that rascal simply
will.not.die, even with headers cookin' on it and all....

I did put a DEI thermal wrap or shield around mine.

Ordered a starter and i have a wrap. I really appreciate the advice

For next time / next guy. Bought this off of Amazon for around 50 canuck bucks to put on the 340 Swinger and was identical to what I took off of it. Then the starter died on the 64 and I put the old one on it's 440.
20240428_162447.jpg

For next time / next guy. Bought this off of Amazon for around 50 canuck bucks to put on the 340 Swinger and was identical to what I took off of it. Then the starter died on the 64 and I put the old one on it's 440.
View attachment 1654706
Do you have a link to that starter? When I type 410-52218 into Amazon the cheapest is $123 for me.

Do you have a link to that starter? When I type 410-52218 into Amazon the cheapest is $123 for me.
I'll have to dig back though my Amazon account I guess. It was an anomaly when I found it so cheap, didn't even think it would work.. LOL Just googled it and everywhere looks like stupid money now..

Looks like I didn't buy it on Amazon... maybe direct with a supplier. I'll have to dig through my Dart paperwork tomorrow...

I found that you can order the magnum starter for 140.. OR.. get a starter for a 60s bigblock and you get the same thing for 67 bucks :lol:

Prices might be a couple years old, and from a Canadian parts store. But you get the idea

DB electric came up $96.55. Lucas $86 but if that has anything to do Lucas of England
I"m out.

Auto Transport Service
Back