• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini Starter

I know this thread is a bit old and you probably already got one, but i went with this one... it has the terminals offset and they aren't even near the block.. worked out great. I know a lot of people had issues with where they were located.

Starter..
What car, engine? Headers? Thanks

mini is the way to go . just need to change the connection a bit to move it away from the block .

DSC07593.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

Would this work on a big block then? 383 with headers
I have only installed the ones without relocation on bigblocks.
Lots of them. Just have to check stud clearance

Does a stock harness line up or fit the terminals of the minis? Like the ac delco offering for instance.

I have manifolds so the k ky thing I’d be cinrned with is not having to change the wires. I have a stock car and want to be able to jump back to a highland park hummingbird if I want stock look again. I ran a mini many years ago and that was on a hot rod. Worked great.

I went with a CVR starter. It is adjustable for stud clearance. The performance shop that I buy most of my car parts from recommended this one. I did have trouble with the first one, it had a parisidic draw. I called the company and they said return to store and they will warranty it. Hard to believe an aftermarket company was so easy to work with.

Does a stock harness line up or fit the terminals of the minis? Like the ac delco offering for instance.

I have manifolds so the k ky thing I’d be cinrned with is not having to change the wires. I have a stock car and want to be able to jump back to a highland park hummingbird if I want stock look again. I ran a mini many years ago and that was on a hot rod. Worked great.
I bought this on fleabay to move the terminals.

For Mopar: Premium mini starter conversion/relocation terminal Kit | eBay

Put a Napa ($60) 4 years agp mini starter see post 4 in my Satellite. Starter had a plastic cover with terminals on it, HAD to remove that and use second set of terminals underneath. Didn't need to trim any terminals, checked 1/4" plus. Only problem the round nose piece was a tight fit. I'd take a file and clean up the nose, wouldn't need much. Put a junkyard dakota mini in my 11.5 compression hemi spins it fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back