• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Memorabilia

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but as a fan of Mopar's since I was a kid, certain things Chrysler was known for back in the Forward Look days so unlike the other big two intrigued me. Among them was the short span with their wild squared-off steering wheels. Ya just rarely come across those as I've looked when I've thought of it for years. Have never seen one at meets going back decades. Well, go figure. Yesterday at the Iola meet there's one of those sitting on a table shortly after starting the trek through the meet. It looked in pretty decent condition and given the insignia appears to have come out of an Imperial. I bought it then carried it for the next couple hours walking the grounds. Two bud's with me would take turns carrying it.
What a conversation piece it was with guys stopping us to ask about it and the old mopar guys knowing about these wheels. Much as I'd like to put it in my '63 Plymouth, doubt it's going to mate and would need a color change. So might restore it as a winter project...

Steering Wheel Imp (2).jpg

What you want to find is the square clear one. There pretty cool. Yours looks neat.

What you want to find is the square clear one. There pretty cool. Yours looks neat.
You're right THAT's the one to have; but these are like finding a needle in a dozen haystacks. Makes me cringe imagining how many found da crusher!

thanks for the pic,Ive never seen one.

My uncle bought a 61 Plymouth with that wheel and because he was overweight made him fit behind the wheel much better, so it was a no brainer for him.

The wheel in my '63 Plymouth measures 17" across and 16" vertical. The squared one is 17.5" X 15" I find came out of a '63 Imperial.

Stylish steering wheel and behold the instrument panel! A 1960 Imperial if I'm not mistaken.
3-2-1960-imperial-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back