• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More pic of my 68 GTX

BumperMan

Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
image.jpgHere is a pic of me bringing the paint back to life, this car set in a garage since 1973

[video]http://www.igot.net/gtx/68gtx/68gtxinfo.html[/video]here some more info that might be of use

Nice car welcome to the site

Nice! Welcome to the forums! I am restoring a 68 RR at the moment so its good to see some more 68s!

Put the seats back in it and everything has turned out nice. IMG_0326.jpgIMG_2023.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Had the Carburetor cleaned and it turned out awesomeIMG_2313.jpg

You have a pretty damn nice GTX yourself Bumberman. looks like not much to do! The interior is real nice! Is it all original?
Seems like I saw this posted here with something about the right rear corner rusted and sitting under everything known to mankind. Is this the same one?

68GTX440, yes sir it's all original. Yes it is the same one, once I get the motor back in it and new tires I am getting a fabricator to cut out the rust on the back quarter and replace it with new. My father put a bag of fertilizer on it when he parked it, and well you know what will happen when that happens. My goal is to have it completed by April 7th 2014, I gave myself a year to complete it and I brought it to my house on April 7th 2013.

68GTX440, yes sir it's all original. Yes it is the same one, once I get the motor back in it and new tires I am getting a fabricator to cut out the rust on the back quarter and replace it with new. My father put a bag of fertilizer on it when he parked it, and well you know what will happen when that happens. My goal is to have it completed by April 7th 2014, I gave myself a year to complete it and I brought it to my house on April 7th 2013.

good luck, on your deadline, it's a cool car, looking pretty good now too...

Yep it's PP1 matador red...very nice car and you will be proud of it when it's finished. I have a 68 GTX also and plan on keeping it forever. I love these B-bodies..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 209
Yes I do have both build sheets, one was in the trunk and the other one is under the back seat. Mine has been in the garage since 1973.

Yes I do have both build sheets, one was in the trunk and the other one is under the back seat. Mine has been in the garage since 1973.

you should also post this up in the general discussion forum, maybe in the 66-70 forum section too, you will get allot more views & comments, again cars looking great...

Auto Transport Service
Back