• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 71 Road Runner 340/727 F7

Nice! I still prefer the look of our classic powerplants over the new stuff. That body almost looks 90% finished where I come from.

Nice! I still prefer the look of our classic powerplants over the new stuff. That body almost looks 90% finished where I come from.
Yeah, that’s the reason I picked that setup. It looks really close to the way it originally did (except the color) I just don’t like the one piece belt setups. They look like a hunk of aluminum just hanging on there.

IMG_9008.jpeg

It almost is. Crossing my fingers that there’s no surprises when they do the media blasting. The right rear quarter panel is buckled forward by a hit and run just before I had to park the car. I have the replacement sitting at the shop. You can just see the impact point just above the bumper. The bumper is bent as well.

Still need to weld in the full body stiffening kit and the 4 link. I’ve just decided in the last couple days to upgrade the axle to a Dana 60 so just researching my options now.

Last edited:
I don't mind the single belt systems, but that one is a bit over the top "Look at me I'm a whole lot of billet"... they look terrible on street rods too. Sort of the newer equivalent of dipping it all in chrome.

I don't mind the single belt systems, but that one is a bit over the top "Look at me I'm a whole lot of billet"... they look terrible on street rods too. Sort of the newer equivalent of dipping it all in chrome.
That’s why I’m putting on the one in post #40 ; )

That’s why I’m putting on the one in post #40 ; )
Ya, I saw that. For me, a one belt system that looks similar to the two belt you're using would be optimal. Single belt systems have some advantages like easier belt changes, less slip, etc.

Your car though, certainly not trying to tell you what you should do. Just making conversation.

One of the K-Member bolts would not come out. It finally snapped off and after a couple days of trying to get it out and snapping 2 easy outs in the process. The decision was made to replace the frame rails.
I have a broken K frame nut on one of my cars too. My plan was to cut out a 2-3" section on the bottom of the rail and weld in a new piece. I'm curious why you would replace the whole frame rail?
I love your car BTW! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

I have a broken K frame nut on one of my cars too. My plan was to cut out a 2-3" section on the bottom of the rail and weld in a new piece. I'm curious why you would replace the whole frame rail?
I love your car BTW! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
When Divine One had the problem with the bolt, they looked in one of the holes on the rail and it was full of sand and was damp the further down he worked his finger. They were concerned about the rust inside and the integrity of the rail because of the seized bolt. They told me they were going to remove the rail and media blasted it on the inside just to be sure. I just decide to go ahead and put on a new one due to the stroker engine swap. I would rather not have trouble down the road at some point.

Auto Transport Service
Back