• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '73 Satellite

zdillinger

Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Guys,

As promised in my introductory thread, I took some pics of my 1973 Satellite 318. Inherited this from my dad when he passed last year. The interior was completely gone, but Dad collected the parts for a black interior (should be white, according to the fender tag) so I've spent some time putting that back in.

The plan is to keep this a 318 auto car, no intention of drag racing. Only looking to make this a nice cruiser. Hoping to find a nice 1967 B Body to make into a powerful car at some point, but for now this is enough of a project for me.

No rust in the car. Needs paint, obviously, and it needs some mechanical attention but nothing major. I have all the front pieces, including a new grill. The headliner was the first one I've ever done and I think it looks pretty good.

Anyway, here are the pics. Thanks for looking.

Zach

Attachments

• outside really small.jpg
    outside really small.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 543
  • drivers side really small.jpg
    drivers side really small.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 580
  • interior really small.jpg
    interior really small.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 585
  • back seat really small.jpg
    back seat really small.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 537
  • headliner really small.jpg
    headliner really small.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 492
  • close up 2 small.jpg
    close up 2 small.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 510
  • engine close up smaller.jpg
    engine close up smaller.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 504
  • under hood really small.jpg
    under hood really small.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 500
Nice car!!!!It,ll be really nice when she,s all done!!You know the King drove a car like this to a championship...It was also the last year for big block cars in nascar...
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Nice car!!!!It,ll be really nice when she,s all done!!You know the King drove a car like this to a championship...It was also the last year for big block cars in nascar...
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Heck yeah! Huge Petty fan here. I'd love to find a 67 Belvedere or GTX (like yours, heck of a nice ride you've got there!), but I'd also take a Coronet. Gotta finish this one first!

Zach

Dude, nice ride.
Try rubbing it, glazing, and wax.
You'd be surprised how good the paint just might be.
Or is glaze first then rub, then wax. I forget.

I,m a huge petty too.my bedroom is filled with his stuff..My glove box on my car was signed by him...You know his first nickname was squirrel..Then after his famous 1967 season is when he became the king...He earned his...Not like the guy that drives the 48 car...He was handed 2 of his!!!!
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Your glove box was signed by Petty! that IS something, I to am a Petty fan maybe not to the point of having lots of the memorabilia but none the less, Thats the first time ive ever heard that his nickname was squirrel, thats pretty neat, if i can ask, where did you hear that? Ive read and seen so much of him over the years i just never heard of this. Good to see others who like Nascar, i always did but the rules anymore and the cars all the same it just isint like the good ole days when Petty was winning and the Alabama gang was around, Don't get me wrong im still a huge Nascar fan but it really has changed a lot since the late 70's early 80's when i started watching them (80's)!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I bought a new-to-me vacuum distributor from a local FBBO member and put her in today. Connected the missing necessary vacuum lines, plugged the non-necessary ones, charged the battery, adjusted the timing, turned the key and SHE FIRED RIGHT UP! IDLED GREAT! Running rich so I need to learn how to tune the Carter 2 barrel (all my carb tuning experience was gained on the Datsun version of the SU carb). But, she runs!!!

Found a previously unknown split in the top of the radiator that puked water so I'll need to address that before moving too far forward down the path.

It was a good day, nevertheless!

sorry about your dad.

bench seat column shifts are totally old school cool,
that car is great.

if you get a chance, please post a picture of your headlight area while the headlight bezels are still off, you already have some that show it, just not close up.

my 74 RR seems to be missing some of the locations to put the screw receivers in and I would be greatful to see where I need to put some in

sorry about your dad.

bench seat column shifts are totally old school cool,
that car is great.

if you get a chance, please post a picture of your headlight area while the headlight bezels are still off, you already have some that show it, just not close up.

my 74 RR seems to be missing some of the locations to put the screw receivers in and I would be greatful to see where I need to put some in

No problem at all. I'll take a few when I get home from work tonight.

Pics

Hey raimairthree,

Here are the pics of the front end trim attachment points. Sorry the passenger side is a little foggy, damn rain!

The little round white clips are the attachment points for the screws, which I believe should be #8 x 3/4" sheet metal screws. As you can see, I'm missing two of them on the passenger side.

Anyway, if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Zach

Attachments

• passenger side light small.jpg
    passenger side light small.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 416
  • drivers side light small.jpg
    drivers side light small.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 411
Thanks, much appreciated! But what the heck is wrong with my car? Am I missing something? I have the outer pair of holes, but not the inner pair.

002.jpg

001.jpg

is this an attachment point for something I am missing?

005.jpg

Looks like you are missing a bracket or something on the grill side of the headlight bucket. The holes for the headlight bezels are missing, but also the mounting hole for the side of the grill. There should be one hex-head bolt that holds the sides of the grill, and there appears to be no provision for this on your car. I will take more detailed pics of that area tonight if that will help.

Z

Wow that interior and engine look like new! Great start to a good resto! Keep going strong!

Auto Transport Service
Back