• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new purchase 63 Polara 500 383 convertible! what ya think?

OK, well, so I finally have some time to get on this project. I got it into the shop and it would not start. It now turnes with a new ignition and switch but I have decided to quit playing with it and just take out the engine an dtrans and get started on it.

That said, I need osme info on the 383 rebuild. I have a friend who is good at building engines who is going to help. I have to admit that all previous engines I have help build or had build have been 440s turned into 500 strokers or the like.

This 383, I want to be a nice running engine for daily driving. So with that in mind, any one have suggestions on the engine build? Should I use the stock heads or later/ different heads. whats the good/ bad on these years 383?

I am going to go with all new disc brakes up front and an electronic ignition and newer carb as I have a new edelbrock 650 sitting here, if thats a good choice for the done engine.

give me some ideas.

RUMBLON

Plymouths, but similar.............

Attachments

• 63 convertible.jpg
    63 convertible.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 63 convertible 2.jpg
    63 convertible 2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Plymouth on street.jpg
    Plymouth on street.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 169
My Plymouth was the bronze color when I got it. It was OK,, but I like 'em a bit brighter.

Attachments

• My '63.jpg
    My '63.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 169
You are indeed started off on a grand project! Maybe we can compare notes! I've been workinng on this now for about almost a year, and it'll be making a cross-country trek in May:

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/brians-polara-vert/

Rust in all the usual places, so be prepared...

Dale

Dale, looks like you have a beatutiful car there. GREAT JOB. Yes its going to be a "GRAND PROJECT" and I kind of have a time frame since I would like to try and sell my home of 19 years in a year and a half and move to Idaho, where I have 175 acres. Then I wont have any car time for a while, home building at that point.

I have done one prior convertible years ago, and I think this one will turn out even better.

Here is my other vert E BODY

RUMBLON

Attachments

• 70CudaVertColor.jpg
    70CudaVertColor.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC03000.JPG
    DSC03000.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC03001.JPG
    DSC03001.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 157